• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ensim

Lapras

Hello I am thinking about getting a separate host for part of my website. My primary concern is that prfer an ensim control panel and that I tend to look for a lot of bandwidth. I have found a lot of good hosts but very few of them offer an Ensim control panel, and those that did offered smaller size plans than I was looking for.

Probably 400 or 500 megs of space and 8,10gb or so of bandwidth. Ideally the higher the bandwidth limit the better but these will do. To explain a little farther the only reason that I insist on Ensim is that it is the only Control Panel that I know allows for long passwords such as 30 characters. CPANEL and PLESK limit you to 9 characters, unless their are exceptions.
I tend to keep a 20.48:1 Bandwidth to space ratio (sometimes exceeding that). For every 50 megs that is one gb of bandwith in a little easier to grasp terms.

Last edited:
I'm on internethosting4u and using their Plesk cp with an alphanumeric password several bits larger than 9 charactors.
I don't know about Plesk on other hosts, or 30 digits, but it works with my password.
You might want to look at them, they have some pretty generous plans.

We just tested out control panel, and we can create accounts with passwords with 30 characters and it worked fine.

Usually its better when it is a bit shorter then that so people will not forget them. :)

By the way, the control panel is cpanel. And we use modernbill for our billing.

We offer this:

$6/month or $65/year

Free Setup
500MB server storage
10GB Bandwidth
Unlimited POP Email accounts
Unlimited Subdomain
Ensim Control panel
Web Based Mail (Squirrel Mail)
Unlimited E-mail Alias
Unlimited E-mail Forwarding
Unlimited autoresponders
FrontPage 2002
Web statistics
FTP
MySQL 3.23.54
PHP 4.2.2
CGI
SSI
SSH
Perl
SSL
JSP
99.9% Uptime
Many many more other features.

http://cbshost.net/?view=hostplans

http://hybridnetwork.net

- 400 megs diskspace
- 10 gigabyte transfer
- Unlimited pop3 email
- Unlimited Autoresponders
- Unlimited FTP access
- MySQL databases
- ASP support
- PHP support
- CGI support
- Frontpage 2002 Extensions
- Password Protected Directories
- Spam Filters
- Raw Access Logs
- 99.1% Uptime Guaranteed
- Perl5
- Ensim Control Panel

$10 p/month

i'm hosted by them and the service is very good :)

ensim interface

i just signed up with bakahost because they are using the latest ensim software (the linux version).
The ensim interface is certainly a great step forward compared to my old hosting company.
I just don't know whether the bandwidth they offer will be enough for you...

Hope that helps....

Hi,

take a look at http://www.dim8.net we offer a choice of platforms either Cobalt or Ensim and both support long passwords.

I can offer you 500mb Webspace and 12 GB Bandwidth for $15.99 per month or $150 saving around $40 per year if paid annually. This is a custom package and if you would like to discuss this further then please email me at our support email address support@dim8.net. Our features can be found on our hosting packages page of the website.

XEOS Digital Development's packages may interest you. They're Ensim, and would provide you with the space and bandwidth you require

Take a look at http://www.xeosdd.net/hosting/compare.jsp. I'd look at our Business Package, it's $11.95/month ($107.95/year), and the bandwidth/price ratio is 30:1.

15GB Bandwidth
500MB Space
PHP/mySQL
CGI/Perl

Also, you may be interested in our Current Deal. All the details are there, but you essentially get double our Standard Package when the year is prepaid.

If you've got any questions etc., don't hesitate to email me.

www.xeosdd.net

Last edited:
Originally posted by Lapras
the only reason that I insist on Ensim is that it is the only Control Panel that I know allows for long passwords such as 30 characters

The length of the password does not improve security!
Using a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters is just as good.

well if you ned ensim i use to be with g-hosting.net before and they had goos prices and offered nice service. I got a reduction in my rice since i wanted a custom plan so try emailing them with exactly what you want and ask for a fair price.

Originally posted by HostUltra
The length of the password does not improve security!
Using a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters is just as good.

Also most control panels encypt their passwords to a 30-40 char string. So i doesn't matter how long it is it will just be encypted to a different string.

Originally posted by -=( gamer )=-
Also most control panels encypt their passwords to a 30-40 char string. So i doesn't matter how long it is it will just be encypted to a different string.
Plesk (old version) and H-Sphere don't

atleast not a year ago when I moved a Plesk db and started with H-Sphere

My main concern is people that may try to use brute force hacking programs. I am not concerned with the other part of the security system built into the control panel. I just don't think a very serious hacker would be interested in breaking into my webpage.

Anyway thanks for the help. I think I have solved my problem. I will use the thread as a reference though.:)

Last edited:
It would take a few years to brute force an 8 character password!
I found an old password protected zip from a while back I forgot the password of. I don't even have a clue as to how many letters I put in the password but probably 6-10. It doesn't take years but will take a few days (weeks) using brute force.
I'd hope the host would figure it out even before a single day has passed though :confused2
Also I doubt too many modern day hacks occur from brute force password guessing. Social engineering or exploits/trojans are much more likely.

Originally posted by CareBear
I found an old password protected zip from a while back I forgot the password of. I don't even have a clue as to how many letters I put in the password but probably 6-10. It doesn't take years but will take a few days (weeks) using brute force.
I'd hope the host would figure it out even before a single day has passed though :confused2
Also I doubt too many modern day hacks occur from brute force password guessing. Social engineering or exploits/trojans are much more likely.

Thats a zip file, you cannot compare cracking a zip file on your computer to hacking a website password

It will take much longer to brute force a website
Because it takes time to open a remote connection, bandwidth limitations etc...

It would take a few years to brute force an 8 character password!
Bull! Those defacers do several a minute. Believe me I know :mad:

Back