• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

End of a good host...4gigs.com

Re: End of a good host...

A good free host will always end some day. And now you have to move your site to another host, irritating, its much better to go paid.:rolleyes:

i was signing up their new YABB forum this afternoon and the next minute i saw a page not found and i notice it's main page show that they are gone! wAhOO...fAsT!!! :D
dAmN...nOw i have to look a new host... :(

yea i heard last nite @ 11:30 ive looked for a new palce but cant find 1 the only place i cna go now is my older less powerful host,tripod.but i do plan getting OCS's paid plan once i can afford it. but if ne1 knows of a good place email me and many thx.i already contacted ocs but i doubt they will answer.

That sucks! I just got accepted about a week ago, had uploaded some stuff, and now it is gone :(

Originally posted by <|R0cKm@nX|>
i was signing up their new YABB forum this afternoon and the next minute i saw a page not found and i notice it's main page show that they are gone! wAhOO...fAsT!!! :D
dAmN...nOw i have to look a new host... :(

Good luck finding a free host for your forum!

== sick philosophy ==

I signed up and knew about 20 others that did also.A rare place that supported perl.

I asked..is the FREE a game? I was told NO. I was told any policy changes would be announced in advance.

So its another beta test to roll out the pay-pay.Funny thing is when you choose to pay a host you pay the same characters that offered the lies with the free.

O-it was just too much work to post in messageboard they were scrapping everybodies sites..or a simple email. Those that live in philosophy free clients are just trash so what are they complaining about? ==simply ask..what was the free about to begin with?

These places think WOW !!!!! ---now finally the big money rolls in...

Theres endless pay places..tens of thousands....I'd choose one that had some ethics. Open a 'soup-kitchen' to feed the homeless.The trash arrive for a meal and what? The doors are locked with not a message.What they want..it was free?

well 4gigs stopped supportin perl due to hign abuse and spam(also y we lost our mail service) but they werent so bad they just couldnt take the abuse(nor could any1 else who had to suffer w/it)

Originally posted by sonic
the only "textlink ads+FTP" host has gone

No it hasn't
hey.nu (i think but my site is rubbish so I cant get in)
amzweb.net (posting in a forum 10 times isn't THAT hard lol) EDIT Free sign-ups end today
neopages.net
host.sk

All of these are still around

Last edited:
I had my site at 4gigs for ages and it was quite a shock when they stopped free hosting so abruptly :(

Just out of interest (as I can see quite a few old 4gigs users here:) ) where are you going to host your sites now???

Any recommendations for free or low cost hosting? I will take a look at neopages....

:)

Last edited:
Re: Re: End of a good host...

Originally posted by [NeO]
A good free host will always end some day. And now you have to move your site to another host, irritating, its much better to go paid.:rolleyes:

Good free hosts never die. ;)

well i decided to go pay and got their basic plan from ocs. pretty good though.little hard @ 1st but u get the hang of it.

he-he

Don't think all your problems are solved by paying. Theres a whole nightmare world there also.

Then they say..you pay for what you get BUT then if you only have personal-hobby type sites you really going to pay premium prices? (vs. not putting it on web to begin with)

Back