• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Emergency Free hosting !!

pro5ject

NLC
I am in need of some free short term hosting, for no more than 2 months - ASAP.

The server we host on currently is having some major problems - I think software issues - until this is sorted I cannot run my website, unless someone kindly donates some free hosting.

What I need;
TLD hosting
1gb space
5gb bandwidth/mo
Cpanel
,Etc

I could offer an ad on the homepage in exchange, the website current stats are approx 100-200 unique a day, and slowly rising each day by 1 or 2 - it has been running for about 1 year.

I would say email me, but my email address is not working either - so I dug up this real old email I haven't used for years - suprised its still active - project_five@hotmail.com

hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Gear-Host said:
What type of site do you want to host?

If you are willing to put a banner ad (468x60) we could let you have our platinum plan.
http://www.gear-host.com/packages/

The ad would have to be on all pages.

It is a e-zine, focusing mainly on music & art - we also produce a printed magazine (the site is the printed mags sister).
We offer free mp3 downloads, ALL legal music, local unsigned stuff mainly.

We do have an ad space in our global footer which is 468x60 I could take out the rotated ads and add yours on every page - I thinks theres something like 300-400 pages.

This is a serious question, why only need for 2 months? You intend to go back to the same host later on or get paid hosting? We do not need our banners on every page but we normally don't provide temp space unless absolutely put to good use.

NetCafe said:
This is a serious question, why only need for 2 months? You intend to go back to the same host later on or get paid hosting? We do not need our banners on every page but we normally don't provide temp space unless absolutely put to good use.

We do intend to go back on our currently redundant server, but if the service provided intially free for 2 months by one of you guys is off a better standard than to what we are used to - we call it a day with the old server and continue with you, obviously paying our way after the 2 months is up - which we can talk about when the time arrises.

Gear-Host said:
Will these mp3 be stored on our server or will you just be linking to them?

We host approx 75% of the MP3's offered on our site, and the rest are hosted elsewhere.

So no offers then ??
If you are willing to put a banner ad (468x60) we could let you have our platinum plan.
Gear-Host is your offer still open ?? If it is I would like to start using it asap.
If you don't like hosting MP3's I could drop them for a while and find somewhere else to host them.

As for the future I am straying towards (almost 100%) staying with a new host rather than go back to the now redundent old server - more problems with it now.

Anyway any help would be appreciated.

If you can still PM me and find me within the next few hours, we can start you off with:

800mb space (upgradable)
8gb bandwidth (upgradable)
and 8 of whatever feature under cpan

* If you dont need cpanel, we can throw in another 200mb of space to make it 1gig of storage and 10gig of bandwidth. You can still submit request for features under cpanel like users, ftp, etc etc etc.

In return, a banner of your choice on your site.

Last edited:
pro5ject, I might help you then.
Since hippohost is a new hosting, perhaps after use that you can leave a feedback for the hosting.

I think Medium Hippo plan is enough for you.

Just let me know okay.

Last edited:
pro5ject said:
We do intend to go back on our currently redundant server, but if the service provided intially free for 2 months by one of you guys is off a better standard than to what we are used to - we call it a day with the old server and continue with you, obviously paying our way after the 2 months is up - which we can talk about when the time arrises.

In my opion, for other hosts... something is not right:

• Loads of MP3's
  • Fully Redundant server? Why is the server down?
  • Call it a day now, and pick one of our fine hosts, you're already hurt by your fully redundant server being down.
Hosts: Just think twice or three times.

hottweelz said:
In my opion, for other hosts... something is not right:

• Loads of MP3's
  • Fully Redundant server? Why is the server down?
  • Call it a day now, and pick one of our fine hosts, you're already hurt by your fully redundant server being down.
Hosts: Just think twice or three times.

The server we used is down from software issues , not my server, a collegues - and the problems are being fixed - but we are not moving back to it.
You can think what you want the MP3's are totally above board and legal.

Anyway got some hosting now, so Jan, Peo or Robert can close this thread now.

pro5ject said:
The server we host on currently is having some major problems - I think software issues - until this is sorted I cannot run my website, unless someone kindly donates some free hosting.
I don't know where you are currently hosted but, are you sure that
your current server or host is actually having any problems?

There was a major global event today that effected most of the internet ...
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showpost.php?p=623401&postcount=12

We started seeing latency times return to normal to various test locations
across the internet around 6PM EST today and packet loss is no longer
being detected so it would appear the internet has now returned to normal.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon a few hours ago about the internet working!
It's now around 2 AM on October 30th and Level 3 just went down much worse
than the other major internet network which died yesterday. Our ping tests are
suddently reporting 99.5% packet loss and latency times in excess of 2 seconds
at Level 3's gateway located in Seattle, Washington and a separate 18.7%
packet loss reported at Level 3's gateway in Dallas, Texas. Anyone routing across
the internet to anywhere via Level 3 is going to have some really, really crappy
connections right now. Hope this clears up soon because these gateway
malfunctions are totally and completely screwing up the internet!

Last edited:
pro5ject said:
The server we used is down from software issues , not my server, a collegues - and the problems are being fixed - but we are not moving back to it.
You can think what you want the MP3's are totally above board and legal.

Anyway got some hosting now, so Jan, Peo or Robert can close this thread now.

The red flag was "Redundant" If you had a redundant server, why were you down?

Back