• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Email only hosting, php, cronjob, mysql

estado3

Hi,

I am looking for an email only hosting, no ads or post to host.
I have a mailing list (all opt in), and I would like to email my subscribers once in a while without worrying that my host will suspend my account for sending too many emails.
I would need php, 1 mysql database, and the ability to run cronjobs.
Ftp would be nice but not required.

If anyone has a spare allocation just for email hosting only with php, mysql, and cronjobs, do email/private msg me a user/pass of your choosing.

Thanks,

Probably free webhosts don't like their clients sending too many emails. Because if they are spams, the IP which is sending those emails through, will get blacklisted. So it becomes useless untill it gets whitelisted.

If you need an offer, you'd better describe the content of those emails you wish to send. And about how much of emails you will send.

Even at that, I would hesitate to allow this on a free account for two reasons.

1 is that it won't ever make revenue to earn back the resources it uses
2 is that without a confirmation of who you are I would be in a bad situation if anything did happen because I wouldn't know who it was that sent all that mail. The easiest way to get that information and be sure it can be tracked is by billing statements.

You really need to go with paid hosting of some sort for a request like this, as it's not something a host can really afford to offer unless they have some capacity they don't mind donating to a worthy cause.

Hi Estado,

I know this is a big frustration with free hosts, that they get blacklisted and nobody can send any mail. Some of our older servers still suffer reputation damage, despite being whitelisted. What we do now is only allow clients in through invites, which is like a reference check because somebody with an account already has to trust you to give you an invite.

If you want to discuss exactly what your plans are with me, I can be reached via Skype (azoundria). Do note our mailservers aren't super powerful, and I don't know how large this group is you're trying to reach.

As for compensation, we can find a way. A brief blurb about our services in your mailer will probably be enough.

Back