• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

email delayed at mydomain.com

Was your emailed delayed via Mydomain.com?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No. Always recieved immideatly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

akersche

hi,

the last week all my emails have been delayed a lot... at least one hour.
wish really sucks...

have you guys expected delays, too???

But the good thing is, that the service is still free:)) and that I think I always got my emails so far.
(not like namezero dns, where I lost some emails and sometimes, they where delayed, too).

Anyway I think it would be a good idea get a paid webspace with DNS, that should be transporting my email faster:)
(think of tera-byte or worldzonepro)

Greetings Arno

My emails also have delayed alot. I have signed up for new domains and added my nameservers with MyDomain and it hasn't been working in a while.

If I am correct, if "my" domains haven't been working in one week, the emails which go thru must have a hell of a time going thru. Do yah get what I mean???

thanks for your input.
at least i see, that it's not my fault, when other got the same problems.
hope mydomain improves the email forwarding...

the good stuff is that emails are tried to be delievered for some days... so it's very likley they are going to be delievered after they went around (through hell) for a while!

This week I had delays about a day too. But the last months most emails arrived after seconds, only a few later, but no one later than 15mins and I sent a lot of copies to myself.

I had the same experience here. I beleive I will switch to anyone FREE domain email company soon. BigMailBox are picky little pricks, so they are out of the question. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

i also use the another mailbox (actually from my university), which is of great quality:)
And just forward my domain mail to that one...

First it was delivered immideatly... But last week there where really long delays and i am afraid some mails even got lost...
think at the moment it's ok... although i am missing an important email someone sent me (with attachment).

the emails where sometimes not only delayed for a day... but for 3 or even 4 days:-(

@roblev:
i would prefer everyone.net to BigMailBox
just the ads suck, when you don't wanna pay for the service...

Got Answer from MyDomain Support.

Shows me mydomain really cares and is going to do something about the overload:))
Following the email I got from them, when I asked about the delay (or even lost) emails:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

We had changed the settings in our mail servers to reduce spam. We had told our mail servers not to allow incoming emails from domains that do not resolve. This had caused your email to be stuck in our system until today.

This morning the changes made last week were reversed, and your emails finally came through to us.

We are trying these new techniques in order to reduce the number of spam emails that are sent to customers like your self addressed to your domain, and forwarding through our mail servers.

Today we will be adding a new mail server as the current 3 are proving to not be enough to handle the load. Once this is done email forwarding should return to the fast speeds that we are all used to.

Back