• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

eMachine problem.

Weirds

Weird Member
NLC
My friend got an emachine and he tried to get to his desktop interface today and the computer asked him to restore the windows(xp home). After restoring, however, it worked(he can get into desktop interface).

Yet when he restarted the computer it asked him to restore again. I tried to format the hd for him but it didn't let me do it. I don't know what he did to cause such a problem last night.

If you had faced such a problem with emachine before, please help me out.

Thanks.

how can it not let you format?

insert an win98 boot floppy
format C: /s/u

thats it :)

well heres the solution i used for my emachine....
throw it out!
hmm ya to reformat just put cd in, go to bios and make it boot from cdrom and restart pc, it shouldnt like stop you from doing that

My brother has an emachines. It was $199 the day after Thanksgiving. It works great, but it does do annoying things sometimes.

I don't think it has any blocks or restrictions on formatting though, you should be able to do it just fine with a boot disk or CD (one that didnt come with your comp)

Ok. I tried those ways several times already. The % just doesn't go up. In the formatting progess, it's 0% forever.

Seems like they may have set up the hard disk on several partitions (invisible) this way they require you to ask for their technical support (money making scheme).

lol

i hope i can partition it. MAN!
Before I created a partition disk, the veryfying progress percentage dropped back to 0% when it reached some point, like (20%, 99%, etc)

which means it never completes.

Last edited:
Back