• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Earthquake causing problem!

Fahad_1

Hello,

The recent earthquake in Taiwan is causing lots of problem in telecommunication. is there any1 in this forum who is having the prob too?

I can only access a few sites (including mine and FWS), and others are nt responding at all. :confused4

Yes

I m in india.. and yesterday .. my site was almost not wrking .. except ask.com

and msn messenger

my frend in singapore still cant access sites... btut can use MSN at an extremely slow speed:)

^^^ Hey, that's mean. Hope you're joking. :)

Anyway, I heard about this problem, too. It really, really sucks. Any idea yet when things might be fixed? Obviously, it will take awhile, but what about a temporary solution?

I'm in Singapore and couldn't access any overseas site on the 27th... now most of them are working just that it's painfully slow. No idea why they decide to lay the cables in such an earthquake-prone zone.

I'm in Singapore and couldn't access any overseas site on the 27th... now most of them are working just that it's painfully slow. No idea why they decide to lay the cables in such an earthquake-prone zone.

Where else do you want them to lay it?

The earthquake, a magnitude 7.1 according to the US Geological Survey, struck off Taiwan's southern coast. Telecommunication and Internet infrastructure across asia is severely affected specially the SEA-ME-WE-4 Submarine Cable.

the cable got badly damaged at six different areas (as far as i know)

Back