• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dynamic generating

acerdude

Hi, could anyone tell me how to make or where to get a script that can take a set of letter images and make them into a word that a user types like on cooltext.com and flamingtext.com? Also, a script that allows you to add text to a button? Thnx :)

Yup, it can do that, but you have to program to be able to do it, it's not as simple as pointing and clicking like a WYSIWYG for html

The server needs to have an image creation package installed onto it. You can't do it yourself either, unless you own the server. The GD and IM are the only image creation packages I know of or have heard of, there may be others out there.

wz.cz : gd + exif (--with-png-dir=/usr & --with-jpeg-dir=/usr ')
traffichouse.de : gd (--enable-gd-imgstrttf & --with-tiff-dir=/usr & --with-jpeg-dir=/usr & --with-png-dir=/usr)

traffichouse.de is more secure, but I like wz.cz more .
If you have private info use traffichouse.de .

ok, im not sure how to use the gdlib, could you explain? and thnx for the info, ill use wz.cz since you say its better. btw, i got an email from wz.cz, but i couldnt figure out what it said beacuse i dont speak that. Do you know what im suposed to do with the email?

but i need to know how to use the specific servers gdlib, i cant find how. i think i might have to activate it.

Originally posted by acerdude
ok, im not sure how to use the gdlib, could you explain?
This is a simple code with imagecreate() from manual :
PHP:
<?php
header ("Content-type: image/png");
$im = @imagecreate (50, 100)
    or die ("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");
$background_color = imagecolorallocate ($im, 255, 255, 255);
$text_color = imagecolorallocate ($im, 233, 14, 91);
imagestring ($im, 1, 5, 5,  "A Simple Text String", $text_color);
imagepng ($im);
?>

btw, i got an email from wz.cz, but i couldnt figure out what it said beacuse i dont speak that. Do you know what im suposed to do with the email?
If you have subscribed successfully, you can login by ftp : ftp://you.wz.cz@you.wz.cz .

but i need to know how to use the specific servers gdlib, i cant find how. i think i might have to activate it.
The above code works well in wz.cz .
If you want active gd in your local computer, edit php.ini and remove ";" from ;extension=php_gd.dll line .

Originally posted by acerdude
I made a php file out of that script and uploaded and ran it. i dont think it worked, here it is http://sweetsite.wz.cz/inst.php
Your code returns png info successfully but with some extra characters. I dont know what is wrong .
Use netcat to see or see attachment file .
Change all "png"s to "jpeg" ( image/jpeg, imagejpeg() ) and try again .
If dosnt work, try this one :
PHP:
header ("Content-type: image/jpeg");
$im = imagecreate (200, 30);
$black = imagecolorallocate ($im, 0, 0, 0);
$white = imagecolorallocate ($im, 255, 255, 255);
imagettftext ($im, 20, 0, 10, 20, $white, cwd()."/myfont.ttf", "Hello"); // or just "myfont.ttf" without cwd()
imagejpeg ($im);
imagedestroy ($im);
And upload your "myfont.ttf" to your home dir.

Attachments

• inst.txt
    322 bytes · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back