• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DVI won't fit?

oates151

So basically I rented an IN36 for a movie night this weekend - wanted to plug in my PS3 so we could watch in HD. The projector said it had a DVI-D slot, so I decided to order a DVI-D male to male HDMI so I could hook it up.

The projector came in today, the DVI-D cord I ordered doesn't fit. In fact, the DVI cable from my computer doesn't even fit in the slot. I don't know if there is anyway for me to work around this issue, I want to watch in HD - I looked online at a few places, but they all sell cords that look like the cord I purchased. The female input may be old or something is all I can guess? I really don't know the difference between DVI-I and DVI-D. Is there anything I can run out an puchase, maybe some sort of adapter, that would fit this slot and fix the issue?

-Pat

It did come with cables, but it's either RCA (crap quality) or their DVI-I to VGA cord - what's the point of DVI for HD when you convert it to an analog signal anyway. The VGA cord also has a USB port as well - don't know how I would use that.

-Pat

Back