• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DVDr ??

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
My mom's computer has a dvd burner

Now I want to burn a few music dvd. what dvd medium should I pick up at the store so it plays in a normal dvd player that supports mp3's?

im a newb :p

Obviously these are backups of your own CD's & bought MP3's - better be :p

Depends on the burner and what both it and the player supports but try the budget DVD-R first, they're usually fine. The players are normally okay but if the burn is bad then it's a drinks coaster.

Certain makes and models of burner don't like certain dye's used and you get more fails on a burn. Let me know the make/model and I'll see if any of the guys know a good reliable dye/make for it :)

It's all trance sets by some known/less known dj's. Going on a trip and I need to carry all my music :p
In all my life I only bought 1 music cd. Tranceplant. And it cracked, and I loved it, but can't find it to download anywhere :cry2:

The burner is an hp burner that came with the computer:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...02-9494841-9180167?v=glance&s=pc&vi=tech-data

DVD-r would seem to do the trick allright. Some cnet newb guide to dvdr's states it's the most compatible with standalone dvd players versus dvd+r, dvd/rw and dvd/ram.

I found a cool deal. 5 dvd-r for 2.99$ cdn :) I'll go there later on tonight and pick up a box.

ehhhh........... just pick 1 dvd-r from the store. Verbatim is a good 1. i use it when burning data or movies

1 is not enough
I needed 3-4

The 2.99 were sold out at 3 stores I went to :(
Guess I'll have to carry a shitload of cdrws then

If you can get em local Datasafe white top surface DVD-R (in fact the DVD+R have became just as cheap) have never failed for me yet, I go through about 50 a week doing archival server storage and they're not costly and seem to work on just about any drive going :D

This is a area I had some trouble with at first and strangly enough my very cheap burner supports only DVD+R.

Worth looking for a firmware update aggiedude, use google and put in the make and model and firmware in the search :)

I am happy with DVD+R but I would like to look up a firmware update because I have about 50 DVD-R's that I can not use nor return because my DVD Burner does not support it. :running to google!:

Do the search and get the patch for your burner - then you have 50 DVD-R's you can use :D

Yea I plan on it I am currently not at my house. (at relatives) So I am going to do it asap when I get home! Thanks for giving me the tip!

Back