• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Drug Spammers

Hey.

Over the last...month or two, this problem with people who register and make a thread about drug sales is getting bad.

It's like there's one every one or two days. Today there were 3, so I thought I'd ask if there is a tactic anyone here uses to keep these spammers out?

I have visual & email verification on, so these aren't bots.
Also use all the blacklists to prevent "the wrong kind" from registering.

Thanks!

I use a MOD called "The Humanizer", and haven't had a problem. We're not as popular as Liway, but I've yet to have a spammer register.

It's not really that they're spamming, but advertising their stuff...well I guess that can be classed as spamming.

Anyway, what does this mod do, and more importantly where is it?

It's not really that they're spamming, but advertising their stuff...well I guess that can be classed as spamming.

Anyway, what does this mod do, and more importantly where is it?

It adds a field in the registration page, and the "human" must move the clicker to "Yes", before they can register.

it won't be bots, it'll just be people spamming for drug companies, the commissions earnt for people in less well off countries are huge.
not much you can do about it sadly.
hope this helps.
john.

The is forum posting software readily available to download, but i think there is a charge.

My best bet they find your forums from larger popular forums this here at FWS..

As to beating to them good luck, they always seem to find a way...

Get their IP's and block them from your server. The only drawback is, you can't control them if they have unlimited IP's available.

What is the forum software you are talking about? There are hacks around which changes the verification system on signup, these are very useful.

Get their IP's and block them from your server. The only drawback is, you can't control them if they have unlimited IP's available.

Lol, not only are the all different, they are from completely different ranges.

What is the forum software you are talking about? There are hacks around which changes the verification system on signup, these are very useful.

phpbb. But like I said, these aren't bots.

Back