• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dreamhost package ending

Somnus

My Dreamhost package is ending shortly, and based on the usage for the past year, I don't think it is worth it to pay $120US.

This month I used a paltry 500mb in bandwidth.

Can you use a renewal code or something?

I'm not sure about this. I think you can only use discount coupon codes when signing up, but not when renewing.

I think the idea of the extra cheap signup is so that you'll buy a regular package when that expires. Obviously you are happy with them, so why not pay full price for it now?

I have to agree with Jan - sure, that may seem like a lot of money, but if it is working Ok for you, why fix something that isn't broken? They have probably gone out of their way to keep the service running well, and answering all of your tickets in a fast and helpful manner. So why leave them in the lurch like that?

Even their smallest plan is cheap. :) Its on your preference. I hope you continue to enjoy their hosting.

As for coupons, they only work at signup. Even with domains.

I have to agree with Jan - sure, that may seem like a lot of money, but if it is working Ok for you, why fix something that isn't broken? They have probably gone out of their way to keep the service running well, and answering all of your tickets in a fast and helpful manner. So why leave them in the lurch like that?

This is what's broken: click here.

Hahahaha, cool. Yeah Somnus, if you want a more suitible package go with one of the hosts that's been in business around 3 or more years.

That's how they're making money. Sometimes you end up paying much more than you use.

There are plans out there that cost less than a couple bucks and still provide more than you need :)

Literally it is $10 a month. If you are satisfied, it is worth the money.

Additionally, the billing error they made was batched but the payments were never charged. Invoices were added to accounts but no money ever changed hands. Dreamhost continues to be one of the best providers available on a budget for the most bang for your buck. I'd recommend spending the $120 and staying with people you trust.

Last edited:
Literally it is $10 a month. If you are satisfied, it is worth the money.

Additionally, the billing error they made was batched but the payments were never charged. Invoices were added to accounts but no money ever changed hands. Dreamhost continues to be one of the best providers available on a budget for the most bang for your buck. I'd recommend spending the $120 and staying with people you trust.

So you didn't read any of the 10,000 replies to that blog i prosume?

Yes - I did but I know first hand the batch was run - as in preauthorized. The system showed them all as being charged on the DH side but it turned out it only billed 1/4 of the charges. The charges were reverted.

I stand corrected - thought it was just the billing system showing an error but some payments did go through.

Last edited:
Back