• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Download Script

I need to be able to like change the templates using HTML...not just choose a template and like background color and stuff, but actually use HTML...and not just headers and footers either....like the whole template...

that wasn't very clear either but, hummm, are u like talking about having a main html/php file where it calls infomation and then puts it into the main template? If so thats fairly simple

No, I'm talking about getting to actually edit the template in HTML... Or maybe I'm just not explaining myself well...

well u could open an HTML file, display the contents in a new form, edit it there and then use a script to save it. I know how to do that, but the only problem is passing " in the script, I'm workin on that, PM me and I'll show u what I'm talking about.

Couldn't you just go from the actual page you pick the download, then in the URL just go like:

myurl.com/downloadscript.php?file=filetodownload.zip

Then in your downloadscript, put you template and everything then after a few seconds redirect the page to the variable 'file'

Get what I mean?

Back