• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dot TK or Not TK?

what is your favourite domain extension?

• .com

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • .co.uk

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • .ws

• .tk

• .info

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .tv

• .org

• .net

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • .nu

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • .cc

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

sophie

Do you think dotTK is a good idea or not? It was good until everyone had a .tk domain, and it became pretty obvious that it was free. I am still wanting a .org domain, but that ain't never gonna happen ;) not that bothered, really. What is your favourite domain extension?

i think .net sounds cool.
I'll buy a domain the next weeks, but the .net one is already token, so i'll take a .org one

can't go pass da .com but not much name r available...
plus no money so i guess i'll have to go by .tk hehe wonder it it will survive :rolleyes:

erm...i like .net !
i don like .com cause too many ppl get it with .com
and .org is for non commecial !
.tk is great..but their email forwards seem always down !
i don really like .ws domain..its seem weird !
.cc is okie for me ~!

.net is far superior to all others, though .us is pretty cool, i have a .us, and i like it. It takes awhile to get used to though. Also .cc is cool, mainly cause my first domain was a .uni.cc and i also think .nu is ok.

Definately .com

It is original, and most people remember it. If you are talking about the internet to even a newbie, they generally remember .com over any other.

Originally posted by DeepList.com
Definately .com

It is original, and most people remember it. If you are talking about the internet to even a newbie, they generally remember .com over any other.
yeah, sometimes you just tell them the site name and they assume it always end with .com.

Anyway I like .com...

.net is quite cool too.

why don't windows have windows .com server too:p

I wanted to buy the .com version of my domain but I registered it a few days late and someone else took it before me so I got the .net version. Now I prefer my domain having the .net extension. :)

But yes, I would still prefer a .com over any other domains because most people know the .com extension and not the others. :eek:

Originally posted by GRiN
I wanted to buy the .com version of my domain but I registered it a few days late and someone else took it before me so I got the .net version.
That's unlucky for you... I don't like sharing names with other people. I prefer having my own unique name that nobody has ever thought of.

I always liked the way ".co.uk" looks and sounds, but I never got one for fear the site would be confused as being British-oriented.

I don't particularly like the look or sound of ".com" but it's virtually all I buy. I like ".bz" too, but you have to be careful people don't mistake it for ".biz".

Originally posted by Dusty
I always liked the way ".co.uk" looks and sounds, but I never got one for fear the site would be confused as being British-oriented.

I don't particularly like the look or sound of ".com" but it's virtually all I buy. I like ".bz" too, but you have to be careful people don't mistake it for ".biz".
I also wanted to buy a .co.uk because it was so cheap. :D
But I had the same thought as you that it would make my site look British...

Back