• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dos

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
I have a couple of old DOS games that I want to play, but it won't run under Win2k...

I've tried a couple of DOS emulators, including Bochs and Dosbox... didn't work. I also attempted installing FreeDOS, but I think it failed.....

Any tips?

BTW... I partitioned one of my hds to the FAT format, and I distributed 500MB to that drive.

Have fun, dos games just wont run under win2k. All I can suggest is to get a dos boot disk, and play from there.

You will need access to a windows 9x / ME / XP computer. Then, u stick the disk in, goto My Computer, right click on # 1/2 Floppy (a:) and click format.Put a check in the "create ms-dos start up disk" or "Copy system files" box, and click format.

Ok, so let's assume I do have this boot disk. Are you sure it will let me run the games? With sound?

Originally posted by dawizman
It all depends on your hardware.

And what the game requires. A good chuck of DOS games can't be play with the GHz chips that are out to day. So You might have to download a program to slow down your CPU.

For a particular game I'm playing, I had to go and search the net for emm386.exe and save it to my boot disk and use it...

That had nothing to do with my hardware.

It feels great playing classics again. :D

Back