• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dont bother with surfspeedyservers.com

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
They are gay I told a few people here to go to them becuse I was having a good run, But they suspended my VPS without warning for "CPU abuse"
How gay, The only thing I said was Put ----ing limits on them, good bye and good luck.!
Any company that cant even manage CPU limits on there nodes is not worth the troulbe IMO. I was also maxing out alot of bandwidth I guess I did use alot of bandwidth for 30$ for a long time with them, I dont feel it was my bandwidth usage they suspended me for, I honstly belive they dont understand how to limit CPUS.... Becuse they pasted the logs.
Anyway just stay away from them, they arnt worth the troulbe :wave:
Dont know why I posted this really havnt been with them for a few months now Just with all Im doing it reminded me of how bad they acted so i thought id let it be knowen lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I am surprised they did not just limit the cpu usage on your vps, but I guess they have their own ways of doing things.

Oh well some mothers do have them. Yeah I couldnt really work out why they dont limit CPU either :\

SurfSpeedy is one huge scam. Brought a VPS and cpanel restarted every 30 seconds, And I received about 500+ emails per night from cPanel. Then they refused to give me a refund.

Got some lovely stories from them for you.

I had a VPS with them once. Their support is abysmal. I'm not lying here. For example; their VPS they gave us out-of-box was configured for another host (ok, no problem - revert changes), but then a whole bunch of things started happening.

1. named stopped working completely. Don't ask me how; don't ask me why - it just did. Our DNS issues never were really fixed with that VPS; the resolving DNS was correct, but there was something on that VPS that didn't like DNS requests.

2. The service offers 160GB hard drive for your VPS $50/mth. When we got our VPS (both VPS's this happened) it was configured with 80GB, and they kept on saying it was configured with 160. :| Not what I paid for/you advertise!

3. E-mail completely stopped working; it kept on giving userid/pw credentials being incorrect for all domains on the server. Their response?

"Hello

please login to Cpanel and change the password for this e-mail address,
This should fix this issue, as far i can see on outgoing the password is working just fine.
Thanks"

... obviously that wouldn't help as it was a Mail issue that another support tech could fix after I complained that I was sick of being fluffed from.

Oh well, there's much better companies out there if you like VPSs.

I never had any trouble with anything there untill my server was suspended for CPU abuse.. Then I Abused them for 1 Not having cpu limits inplace and 2 for suspending it without warning.

I've had no problems for more than 6 months.

I wanted to get a dedicated for this particular site but after running it on a VPS realised it was just a waste of money. I use about 70-80% of my bandwidth as well. I use under 2% CPU on average so I guess I'm safe.

I do agree - Without adding limits - How is the client meant to know what their limits are?

But at those prices - they could be another dreamhost ("CPU Overusage") ;)

Surf speedy is one huge scam. They didn't do nothing good for me. They don't know how to manage vps at all.

Yes blame overselling ect, It wasnt that... It was the n00b attempt at running a VPS company, IE: No CPU limits, To me they allways had fast support ect. The only fult I found with them was the fact that they didnt limit CPU's. I used about 600GB's bandwidth for like 3months straight on there 30$ plan It wasnt untill I added a site that used extream CPU that they suspended me.
I could of had the VPS back if I removed that site...

Last edited:
I'm having fun here, its taking this wierdo on Live chat with them 10mins to type one reply! The company looks dodgy, I'll copy'n'paste my Live Chat when I've finished.

Adam J Parton: Hi.

Jordy: Welcome to SurfSpeedy Live Chat Support, how may I help you today ?

Adam J Parton: Do you use any limits on CPU usage?

Jordy: What plan are you looking into ?

Adam J Parton: the DV1Aero VDS

Jordy: There`s no cpu limits.

Adam J Parton: Wouldn't this cause any issues? And also put strain on the systems?

Jordy: While on the VPS you can go ahead and check our producs.

Jordy, is the guy from the Live Chat on the companies site.

See n00bs!!! They didnt answer your question and said something totaly random, they just dont know wtf there doing thats the problem...

Ralph: I want a refund immediately!

Welcome to the Sales Department. Please hold while we contact a Sales Representative. If a representative does not respond in a few seconds, then he/she is not available at this time.

Here is what it says next.

Department is currently unavailable. Please leave a message.

Back