• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Done any fun scripts / projects lately?

TehGuy

Every now and then you make something just for the pure fun of it, so I figured I'd make a thread for showing off those sorts of projects.

I woke up maybe 2 hours ago and decided I was gonna try to make a simple game with JavaScript/jQuery, and here's the result:

http://jsfiddle.net/jFMmN/

I seem to remember my brother showing me a similar game back when he was trying to show me what Visual Basic was probably 10 or 15 years ago.

Clicking a tile will toggle that tile's color between red and green, and the four (non-diagonal) tiles around it. The objective is to make all the tiles green. I started with just one pre-set board, then I figured why not make a function to generate random boards, then I figured why not let the player generate whatever board they want, and there's the result.

I doubt it's compatible with older versions of IE; I didn't check since this was supposed to be for fun, and debugging compatibility issues with older browsers decidedly does not fit into the category of fun.

Anyone else made anything just for the fun of it lately?

Back