• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DomainZero is no longer free.

Originally posted by LawTown Junky
i dont think there is any transfer fee on domainzero

That's where it gets interesting LawTown. Domainzero used Enom as the registrar of these domains, and Enom has this 'register lock' feature which *normally* can be checked and unchecked by the domain owner in the CP. Well, it ain't there and register lock is on, so you do the math.

I've yet to hear if anyone transfered a domain away or not.

Originally posted by Chicken
Originally posted by Ice
and to get a domain you have to reserve it for two years instead of the one year DomainZero covered...

Where did it say you were agreeing to register the domain for two years?

As with anything, yes, they said you had the option but that was providing the idea worked which I don't think it did. Maybe it did as a paid registrar (remains to be seen), but not as a free one (at least that's what I think).

Sorry, didn't notice the reply.

They didn't I don't think, but I meant seeing as they paid for the domain for 2 years (cause of InterNIC), I'm sure they'll more than lilely make you keep it for that long too. I figure that they won't let you drop the domain, but they'll force you to pay for it cause otherwise THEY lose money (do you think they'll allow that)?

Ummm, it doesn't work that way any more. Used to be a new domain had to be registered for 2 years. Now though you can register anywhere from 1 to 10 years.

Originally posted by Ron Seigel
Ummm, it doesn't work that way any more. Used to be a new domain had to be registered for 2 years. Now though you can register anywhere from 1 to 10 years.

Heh, seems everytime I post/reply to one message tonight and start on another, I come back and one of my posts already has a reply. :)

Anyways, I wan't aware of that, thanks alot for the info.

Originally posted by Ice
Heh, seems everytime I post/reply to one message tonight and start on another, I come back and one of my posts already has a reply. :)

We are *that* good :) Quicker response times than email! Boards are often this way, (just don't expect it). Otherwise you start seeing people post a problem they have and then posting a second past a 1/2 hour later saying, "Well???". I'll *virtually* beat anyone I see doing that.

It says that you can also get the domain free if purchase url and e-mail redirection. I can't find a price for that so far, though. I don't know..I'd kind of like to keep the domain I have with them, but I'd rather just pay a fee for it than have yet another monthly fee added to a credit card. On the other hand I can live without the domain, too.

Back