• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain related problem - can anyone advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainenotarynet

I am a customer of Crissic Solutions (for those that read the thread over the last week or so)

I transferred my hosting from Yahoo th CS back in March and had them take care of the transfer - what I did not know (until I had a cause to look at it) was that CS had listed themselves as registrant (owner) - [did not authorize that] as well as admin and tech contacts (these I don't realy mind.

But now the owner (Skylar) whom I have had no real problem with, is unsure of what he wants to do. My problem is that when he extended my expiration date (as I asked him to do) it seems that he took over ownership of my 2 domains as well.

Since these are registered to Crissic Solutions LLC instead of my name (Kevin M Carman - as it had been) I think transferring to a new host is going to be problematic.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do. I can call an attorney (I sell prepaid legal as well) but from what I understand Skylar is 16? That surprises me as I have spoken to him and he did not sound it at all.

Being 16 I do not think I can legally go after him but I don't want to go that route if there can me a mediator (a friend from this forum) that can help me get my 2 domains back so I can move to a new host.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Kevin M Carman
Mainenotarynet.com and
Kittykouchkrafters.com

Hello Kevin, I believe I talked to you earlier. The best way is to contact the main registrar (Wildwestdomains.com) and explain the situation with them, hopefully they can transfer your domains to another account.

Wildwestdomains.com

I dont think the old registrar can help u out on this issue. Better go with legal procedure, urs not personel domain so u will succeeded legeley with yours documents

Resolved -

I sell and have prepaid legal, (SNG - left a msg for ICANN but no reponse) anyways I called my lawyer and got advice which they said check w/ WA state so I did.

I obtained info and actually spoke to Skylar and he chaged the email on record so a transfer confirmation would go to an alternate (not site related) email address I have so I can in effect reregister the site with my info again.

I have never had a problem with Skylar and I wish him well if and when he get back in the game again. He said I was one of the longer customers he had and he had no problem with the change for me.

He suggested that I register the domains through someone other that whichever web hosting company I use so that I have control over the registrations. He suggested GoDaddy.com for registration.

Thanks for the replies

Mainenotarynet

--Resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back