• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain online since 1994

nice_dude

Hi, My domain Styleclick.net has been online since 2/25/1994, it has a great alexa ranking. Whats it worth?

hmm, i used a program called "Good keywords v.2" which gave me that date. i guess the program is bs lol

Well nice you didn't register it it was probally first registered then but that means nothing. It was registered when I said, and since its so new I doubt its worth anything more then Reg price.

Sorry.

So.. the point of this post is??????? :)

Someone lied on when he registered a domain -- and we are ok with that?
Thanks,
Adam

whois always seems to turn up conflicting data -_-

I mean, we have 3 different dates for the one domain, just on this thread.

Does anyone know how to get a definitive source ?

The point of the date, was to prove the statistics are not going to be correct, and was requesting proof that the records are as he states.

As you cannot give a estimate of the cost without those details

The OP cannot come up with proof of origional registration (or any other) so ......

Nor ownership as such, so basically a bum post till they can.

And maybe Namecheap would like to know.

Domain was dropped four times. With each drop the whois record was removed from the registerar database. It was re created recently on Enom, which is why the creation date is 2007. It's not that hard to understand the concept.

The reason Whois.sc only has records back from 2001 is because they have only been archiving since then.

I have no clue how you would find the true date the domain was started, but either way Styleclick.net doesn't seem to have much a web presense, nor is it very brandable. I'd say if someone would actually buy it, no more then $5-7

Back