• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain Help!!!!

googleme said:
Hye guyz, well i just recently created a site, its running from my own pc so yeah, and i baught a domain, but i dont know how to set up my domaiN! im kind of new so if anyone can help me please do, add my email at stephenpetdetective@hotmail.com

Your own PC?

Where are you located? Do you have a dymanic or static IP? How are you going to create 2 nameservers as you only have 1 IP?

Basicly, adding a domin to your home PC on a normal internet connection is nearly impossible, as each time your IP changes you will need to update the DNS record, meaning that your site will be down for 24 hours and then 24 hours later you wil need to do it again.

Not necassarily. There are some dynamic dns services out there. You wouldn't use nameservers on a homeserver, you'd make an A record which updates instantly.

Try googling.

afraid.org hasn't been recognising any of class C ips lately as far as I know. But still you can use zoneedit.com

Back