• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does .NET Passport bring in spam?

Ashed

I want to know whether by signing up for a .NET Passport (for MSN Messenger) will bring in spam into the e-mail address I used to sign up with? I have one Passport account for MSN Messenger right now and I am getting tons of spam so I don't know whether it's because of Passport or something else. :smash:

Grin it isn't supposed to, but most likely your address will be grabbed somehow. It is almost inevitable.

Ive had my graffiti email for almost a year and a half now, and not a single slice of spam. I use it for messenger as well. I figure if you dont get spam now, you shouldnt get any with msn .

Nope, as when I signed up for the passport the account existed, but in a host move it got deleted. (Rather, I never re-added it.) So any mail that gets sent to it bounces, yet I can log into MSN just fine (and have been able to since around December when I changed hosts.)

Spam is inevitable, but try using some strange addresses that mass emailers will avoid. But no, MSN doesn't bring in spam, unless the guys in your contact list spams you.

And 9k posts

Back