• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Does my site even work in Netscape?

Sikes

I'm at my local library on the computer, brung up my sute and saw that my whole site looks, well pretty screwed up. The library put a block on all of the menu's (i.e. Edit, Help,etc.) and I can't what version it is... So help! I need to know if I needtodo some touch-ups...

Site URL:
http://projectx.megabytestored.com

Thanx
-------------------

Sikes

Looks fine in 6.x. It half-way works in 4.x but you've got some problems:

1) You've got a few empty table cells that you're just using for their background color. Netscape doesn't render cells that are empty, put something in them like a  .

2) You're using CSS. That's fine, but you're not using it right for 4.x. You've just assigned a font for the body ("BODY{font-family:verdana;background-color:White;}"). 4.x considers text in tables to be separate from body text. That's why the only formatted text on your page are the links and your copyright (that's misspelled on your site, by the way) notice.

Very easy problems to fix. You might also want to change it to say "Bookmark ProjectX!" instead of "Add ProjectX to Your Favorites!". They're not called favorites in anything besides IE, I don't think.

Thanx

Thanx a buntch! I will get to fixing those problems now! And, thanx for pointing out the spelling mistake! ;)

Oh ya, I was just wondering, if I have IE and Netscape, will they cause problems on my comp if I have them together?

Sikes

Last edited:
No, you can several browsers on the same computer without conflict. You can even have multiple versions.

Originally posted by Dusty
IE won't let you install more than one version of itself?

Nope, microsoft has a forced update that will overwrite the older version you may already have on the computer. :angry2:

Besides versions 4,5,5.5, and 6 pretty much show websites all the same. It is IE3 you should be worried about.

Back