• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you use linux?

Do you use linux? If so, what one?

• I don't use Linux

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Caldera

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Debian

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Knoppix

• Lycoris

• Mandrake

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • RedHat

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Slackware

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Suse

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

is0lized

See Below
Do you guys use linux? If so what flavor?

I use Slackware9, i love it, it's hard to use (Have to config by hand) But that's the reaosn why i use it, it is so fun. I tried almost every other linux, the popular ones, and they were too easy.

I like and use Slackware 8.1, but only because I upgraded KDE to the latest version :classic2:
And I agree with is0lized, it's being hard to use/configure is the best part ;)

I want to install Linux with XP Pro on one hard drive .. can I use something like Partition Magic to do that?

I would also not reccomend installing any two OSes on one hard drive, even two versions of Windows...I had a bit of a problem when RedHat ate my main drive's partition table, XP hasn't recovered from that (although 2k has) and I can't fix it since I lost my serial number :-/

i use 3 os in my single drive: win98, winxp, and redhat linux.. nothing bad happened so far..

however, free bsd is the best... free but reliable.... linux? seemed to invest more in the future...

(even i ever got my linux crashed...)

how'd you get linux to crash??

I've now had my redhat 6.2 box up for over a year, it has even overcome 2 power outages.

Perhaps it's a users error? Maybe you didn't compile something right

I never had linux crash on me.

Linux didn't crash. You just didn't compile something correctly and it sent the load levels very high where you thought it was gone.

Yes, it's much more likely that X crashed. I've had a KDE crash and a linux lockup, but never a full-blown crash...
(The Linux lockup was when I was using kdm and I tried to go to Mode>Console Mode which supposedly gets me back to single-user console mode...it does that but it doesn't execute anything, just a blank line after the echo's from startup)

I've had linux crash before, kernel panics when oc my cpu to unbearble levels :cool: Anywho, right now im using RH9 now, and in a few minutes im installing debian.

for some reason i found that linux was not stable..... i don't know whether i didn't compile well but for some technical reasons, kernel panic is inevitable...

Back