• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you prefer EU/UK or USA based hosting?

Do you prefer EU/UK or USA hosting?

• EU/UK

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • USA

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i preffer out of the usa for 1 simple reason

i got a game and it isnt that legal in usa so i need a offshore place to prevent trouble with usa :D

the best is germany to do that
and uk isnt good for it because it got the usa laws (if i am right :S)

only 1 downsite , usa is cheap , and outside usa is expensive and differend quality

most of the time is out of the usa better quality then insite the usa (goes over germany/france/belguim/netherland)

the uptime is higher to then in usa but you pay more :S

so it realy depends for what you need it , do it need to be offshore because you host warez ?? do it need to be offshore because you want a faster ping ??
do it need to be offshore for better quality ?? then you need to choose offshore

do you just want to have a website ? then is in usa the best solution , because for a website is it all the same but depending on what you need :D

Thank you
Greets Form the Crasher

I would choose US servers. If you know where to look, you can get reliable US servers. Plus, these servers are generally cheaper than EU/UK/Asian/Australian servers. However, if you're someone who needs a lot of support (i've learnt this the hard way), you might want to settle for a server near your geographical location.

For those who say EU/UK servers are more reliable - why so? A unreliable, lazy provider in the UK with a lot of downtime certainly will lose out to a reliable provider in the US with their servers always up.

Back