• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you guys think it's crazy...

ViEtGuRL

If I start a free webspace provider that provides the following:

10 MB space
FTP
subdomains
PHP
MySQL
Perl/CGI
No Ads

Anything else you guys would like to see?

Yeah, I'm gonna lose money, but I used to hang out in this forum and now that I have enough money to pay for space, I wanna give something back. And since I know frustrating it was for me when F2S closed down their free webspace service, I thought I'd just help you guys out a little.

oh, it is a perfect offer, but say us, how msn said, how many traffic we would have...

and i can say you: if you start host and close it 3 months later because you haven't enough money, you helped nobody.

#Cyberflash

It would be a good concept but it would require much money and time.

Limit the signups for sure.

Limit the File Limit.

Or else warez will take over the host.

Originally posted by loggerheads
I suspect you would have to seriously limit sign ups. Unless you are a secret billionaire.

If I was a secret billionaire, I'd offer unmetered disk space! However, I'd also ditch the Perl/CGI or offer it as an add-on for only a one time fee of $2 (to prevent malicious users from harming the server with CGI - I'd figure if they had to pay for it, even a small fee, they're not as likely to abuse it). I'd also validate new sign-ups. Even if I was that rich, I still wouldn't be stupid enough to allow warez and CGI abuse.

Back