• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do you believe in life after death?

same here, life after death is as true as sun and moon.
you have to prepare for it. Believe in one God, follow the divine book and practice good

I won't die, because I don't exist in the first place.

Someone else somewhere far away will just wake up from a vivid dream.

^ Totally expected you to say "I only exist virtually"

But yes I believe in afterlife; otherwise what's the point existing? If our reason of existence is just that then there really is no point going on... (but that's a whole different discussion)

Last edited:
^ Totally expected you to say "I only exist virtually"

But yes I believe in afterlife; otherwise what's the point existing? If our reason of existence is just that then there really is no point going on... (but that's a whole different discussion)

What's the point of spending your entire life waiting to die?

I cant rationally reject the need for an afterlife without feeling stupid!
If our only point was to help bring destruction to the earth, then we should all die now...
Humans have always been destructive to the earth, toxic so to speak..
I cant see how its possible that evolution was perfect at creation but then stuffed up on its most complex creation...
The statement really is "Evolution is perfect at creation then; evolution is imperfect at creation"...
I dont see how it can be both perfect and imperfect, I would think if Big Bang or something like it was real, we wouldn't be a destructive race...

I cant rationally reject the need for an afterlife without feeling stupid!
If our only point was to help bring destruction to the earth, then we should all die now...
Humans have always been destructive to the earth, toxic so to speak..
I cant see how its possible that evolution was perfect at creation but then stuffed up on its most complex creation...
The statement really is "Evolution is perfect at creation then; evolution is imperfect at creation"...
I dont see how it can be both perfect and imperfect, I would think if Big Bang or something like it was real, we wouldn't be a destructive race...

The point of humanity is not "to destroy the earth". We are here for the same reason as any other organism. To co-exist, to adapt, to survive. Sure we might not be following that method these days, but trust me, the earth can cope. The earth will be here long after we've all died.

Furthermore, the idea that "evolution was perfect at creation" is hypocritical to what evolution is. If we were all created perfect, there is no need for evolution. Evolution is but the tweaks along the way on this journey we call existence.

The Big Bang would prevent us from being destructive? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? These are unrelated things.

The point of humanity is not "to destroy the earth". We are here for the same reason as any other organism. To co-exist, to adapt, to survive. Sure we might not be following that method these days, but trust me, the earth can cope. The earth will be here long after we've all died.

Furthermore, the idea that "evolution was perfect at creation" is hypocritical to what evolution is. If we were all created perfect, there is no need for evolution. Evolution is but the tweaks along the way on this journey we call existence.

The Big Bang would prevent us from being destructive? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? These are unrelated things.
Ok, can you point to a time in history when we did fellow these methods?
Because I cant find any, so I would love to see some :).
From my history studies, I can only find destruction, in the past we were "better" at preserving the earth than we are today, but never fully preserved it.
---------

Well since for evolution to exist, the sun had to be a certain distance to the earth, gravity had to be just right, trees needed to be just right and our lungs needed to be just right...
The earth needed to be as it is for us to exist on it, couldn't be like mars or Pluto!
The earth got like it is by being PERFECTLY placed?? Didn't it??
So the flaw is, we as humans are not perfect and you even said;Sure we might not be following that method these days...
So I think you agree that the human race is some how flawed..
Why would something that was so perfectly placed spawn such destruction?

We dont co-exist at all! our chopping down of trees has destroyed wild life, our moving around importing different wildlife to different countries has devastated natural wildlife in said country and unbalanced everything, further more the trees we cut our own own oxygen supply.

but trust me, the earth can cope.
Why would I trust you? Id rather stick to science on this.

Big Bang I mean like, If everything just went BANG, it would be perfect.
Evolution I guess I can agree with you that for evolution to work, there would be a need for trial and error, to learn from and evolve, so yes that does make sense, good point...
But for evolution to even exist, certain things need to be perfect, again sun and earth placement and so on.

Ok, can you point to a time in history when we did fellow these methods?
Because I cant find any, so I would love to see some :).
From my history studies, I can only find destruction, in the past we were "better" at preserving the earth than we are today, but never fully preserved it.
---------

Well since for evolution to exist, the sun had to be a certain distance to the earth, gravity had to be just right, trees needed to be just right and our lungs needed to be just right...
The earth needed to be as it is for us to exist on it, couldn't be like mars or Pluto!
The earth got like it is by being PERFECTLY placed?? Didn't it??
So the flaw is, we as humans are not perfect and you even said;Sure we might not be following that method these days...
So I think you agree that the human race is some how flawed..
Why would something that was so perfectly placed spawn such destruction?

We dont co-exist at all! our chopping down of trees has destroyed wild life, our moving around importing different wildlife to different countries has devastated natural wildlife in said country and unbalanced everything, further more the trees we cut our own own oxygen supply.

Why would I trust you? Id rather stick to science on this.

Evolution is different from creation. The right measures fell into place for us to become what we are, but we had to evolve as a species to survive. Otherwise we'd all still be single celled organisms just lying dormant. And obviously we are flawed as a species, which, as I mentioned, IS WHY WE EVOLVE, so we over time change our makeup as a species to closer strive to perfection. whatever perfection is.

Let me ask you this Darknight...are you familiar with pine beetles? beavers? Ticks, parasites? Look at other species around you before you start looking at us as the only ones out there who are consuming the natural resources on this earth. There is nothing out there in this world that doesn't exist to consume something on this planet. We're one of the few out there that has the capacity to make up for our destruction. I don't see anyone else out there planting trees to replace the ones we've cut down. Look at animal habitats we've created to help try to save endangered animals (free thinking provided to us through millions of years of evolving higher brain functions, by the by)

As for trusting science...I'm talking about science. I staunchly support science above all else. The studies are out there. We're too naive to think that something as vast as this planet can't recover and survive from what we've done to it after we're gone.

The Earth can cope because it would change. Everything would change. Doesn't mean its right. We still abuse and destroy the Earth, our source of life.

Evolution is different from creation. The right measures fell into place for us to become what we are, but we had to evolve as a species to survive. Otherwise we'd all still be single celled organisms just lying dormant. And obviously we are flawed as a species, which, as I mentioned, IS WHY WE EVOLVE, so we over time change our makeup as a species to closer strive to perfection. whatever perfection is.

Let me ask you this Darknight...are you familiar with pine beetles? beavers? Ticks, parasites? Look at other species around you before you start looking at us as the only ones out there who are consuming the natural resources on this earth. There is nothing out there in this world that doesn't exist to consume something on this planet. We're one of the few out there that has the capacity to make up for our destruction. I don't see anyone else out there planting trees to replace the ones we've cut down. Look at animal habitats we've created to help try to save endangered animals (free thinking provided to us through millions of years of evolving higher brain functions, by the by)

As for trusting science...I'm talking about science. I staunchly support science above all else. The studies are out there. We're too naive to think that something as vast as this planet can't recover and survive from what we've done to it after we're gone.

Uh, you missed the point, rain forests have been around for 1000s of years without help from humans.
Why would wildlife need the ability to plant a tree, when they seem to be in perfect balance with one another???
The balance is upset now, but thats again because of the human race.

Look at animal habitats we've created to help try to save endangered animals
Most people say, most people think and most people see that they wouldn't be endangered in the first place, if we didn't upset the balance.
And if your claim is we didn't upset the balance, isn't saving endangered species upsetting the balance?
You are boasting the human race for something that is really not praise worthy, either way you look at it.
Unless you say there is no balance at all, but then trees wouldn't exist at all food wouldn't exist for the wildlife and so on..
I think balance is all around us, everywhere and you dont have to look far to see it.

You are right about evolution being different to creation, but it depends how you look at it..
I look at evolution from the timeline of evolution, but the creation still needed to exist first, you are right... the earth needs to be there, for evolution to take place.
but your still putting perfection and imperfection together and you cant run from that...

Let me ask you this Darknight...are you familiar with pine beetles? beavers? Ticks, parasites?
Yes I know them, but they run by instinct, not free thinking, totally different.
I doubt their destruction is bad destruction like ours is.

Your talking about some science, just like I am talking about some sicence..
I do accept that its POSSIBLE that we are not destroying the earth at all, to a point beyond repair..
But there is ALSO LOTS OF STUDY to prove we are. which is why we are spending so much money trying to change, is that true?

Last edited:
Blank Verse said:
What's the point of spending your entire life waiting to die?

There is no point in spending your life waiting to die. To do so would be a waste of life, even if you're a Christian like me.

If you look at it from the Christian perspective, then the point of living before you die to is to tell a lot of people about God, etc.

The Atheist perspective from what I gather is, just live your life and there is nothing after that.

Buddhists well they believe in re-incarnation... so I guess their lives would be infinite since I don't think they believe Earth would ever be destroyed.

I don't know every religions beliefs on the afterlife and what the point to living is from their perspective, but it varies from some sort of reward in the afterlife, to just being dead and to go into Limbo then your fate is decided.

I don't see what the big conflict is in Atheists minds about how it must be such a burden to be a part of a religion. At least in Christianity, you live life like you normally would except with God as part of it. It really isn't as burdensome or burdensome at all as some Atheists have you believe.

Blank Verse said:
Look at animal habitats we've created to help try to save endangered animals (free thinking provided to us through millions of years of evolving higher brain functions, by the by)

A lot of endangered animals happened because of us.

Darknight said:
I doubt their destruction is bad destruction like ours is.
Except the Pine beetle is/has been killing a lot of forest in BC (not too sure about the rest of Canada). Just search Pine beetle and BC and you'll know.

Except the Pine beetle is/has been killing a lot of forest in BC (not too sure about the rest of Canada). Just search Pine beetle and BC and you'll know.
Well, its still a destruction caused by instinct, not free thinking..
Also; from wikipedia;
The current outbreak of mountain pine beetles is ten times larger than previous outbreaks.[13] In Wyoming and Colorado in 2006 there were 1 million acres (4,000 km2) of dead trees. In 2007 it was 1,500,000 acres (6,100 km2). In 2008 it is expected to total over 2 million acres (8,100 km2).[14] It may be the largest forest insect blight ever seen in North America.[15] Climate change has contributed to the size and severity of the outbreak , and the outbreak itself may, with similar infestations, have significant effects on the capability of northern forests to remove greenhouse gas from the atmosphere.[16] Huge parts of central British Columbia along with parts of the forests of Alberta have been hit badly. The recently mild winters have British Columbia's forestry officials worried because the beetles will have a devastating impact on an ecosystem which may be ill-equipped naturally to deal with it. Fortunately, if properly contained, the pine beetle can be burnt out, but such containment is prevented during cases in which the infection has towns, homes, and cities completely surrounded. A cold snap in early 2008 was hoped to have dropped the pine beetle population to more manageable levels.[17] However, preliminary results from the summer of 2008 indicate that the cold winter was less successful at killing pine beetle than predicted.
As of 2008, there was also a large outbreak in Colorado. The largest problem in the eradication of the beetle is that homes in the area are close to the infected trees, so that a controlled burn could be problematic. Furthermore, since the trees that are being hit are older and the Ponderosa Pines affected are stimulated to spread seeds by heat of around 130 degrees from either fire or solar radiation much forest will die before it is renewed.
Seems to be more because of an upset of balance of some type, not because they were naturally destructive to a point of being toxic.

Yes

Yes I do believe in life after death, but I think the more important question is what truths do you believe in that are the foundation of who are are and what you do. It is true that the product of the things you do are governed by what you believe in. Therefore if you are ever wondering weither or not there is life after death or what you believe in, in general all you have to do is look at the things you do in your life.

Back