• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do people want flash?

Paul

Im interested in knowing does flash sell, It seems to me that it looks good however its not becoming practical in some websites, Mainly hosting ect.

What do you see on flash and do you find it annoying sometimes?

Thanks,:wave:

I find most flash annoying. I tiny bit can be effective, but some of the hosting sites I see are just plain overkill. If I have to wait for the flash stuff to load, I am gone!

I find most flash annoying. I tiny bit can be effective, but some of the hosting sites I see are just plain overkill. If I have to wait for the flash stuff to load, I am gone!

I cannot agree more, Its even worse when people add music and movies too it

yeah true, sometimes one banner or tutorial isnt to bad though, and can bring a more proffesional look and feel to a websites opening pages.

I think flash looks ok in portfolios actually, other than that, only banners small ads, and buttons really...

Flash is not bad.
The ones that do kill it are the ones with flash objects with annoying music that you cannot stop.
It'll sell if you know just what you are doing :D

Flash is sometimes ok, but if it is too "flashy" (lol) with too much colour and lights flashing (again) it gets annoying, especially with the music and the sound effects, it also slows web loading speeds for people, which is also something that shouldn't happen.

It depends on the site, for example, for a web host, little to no flash is needed, most hosts nowadays believe that they need to have a flashy homepage with catchy, annoying music, and everything has to be animated! Again, a tiny bit is OK, but, most people who do flash overdo it way too much!

I love the way everyone is totally overlooking the creative power of flash, nearly everyone has broadband now and much faster computer, loading times are smaller than ever now too.

I love the way everyone is totally overlooking the creative power of flash, nearly everyone has broadband now and much faster computer, loading times are smaller than ever now too.

Maby in the UK, However you must think world wide, People do not have plug-ins, Hassle of downloading it. ect....., Is it worth it for moving pictures?

If they can handle it it with speedy internet, and it is still annoying, it is annoying at any speed. Another factor to consider, if you actually have a decent viewable flash demo, people will look at that instead of your site content. :S The impact should be on your content, not all the fancy dancy flashing bits. Navigation that makes a noise is also annoying :mad:

A bit of flash is very nice and the tecnology is also nice. vectors spare space.

instaling the plug is not an issue is it? who hasn´t got it? the thingh is those
100% flash sites with stupid loading times and click here stuff. That´s bad.

digressing a bit I do think java is nice with the efects. Cool stuff can be done.

if one must choose from a rotating planet earth, would you choose vectors or a gif? flash was for sparing bandwith. I only use it for it. And it´s very efective.

as for compability, well, i don´t know about that. I do hate exagerated flash.

but i enjoy a flash asteroids game for example. about the sound, every site
has to be careful with it. Flash has nothingh to do with it.

my 2 cents

well, to be honest, the main tool from dreamwever used to make things with it
has a stupid learning curve, and I hate that. never used, and never will.

amazing things you can do with it, yes, that´s true. That´s what I don´t hate.

an example is the perfect clone of the famous arcade game clone of asteroids;

22k. About the gif to flash, I don´t know of any conversion tool, haven´t
even bothered to look. because truth be said, before the vectors, the image
still cames before.

how the hell will I make a flash photo of myself?. In many aspects, yeah, *uc* flash.

Back