• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Do free hosting services make any money.

gotlinks

I am just curious. Do hosting providers that offer free
hosting make any money on ads. I know most free
hosting wants something in return, ads on site,
post in forums, etc...

There are things that they can do for this, like ads on the forum and post 2 host like you mentioned (which the forum ads would then cover the account's use) and donations. Others might have a paid host as a parent or offer paid too.

There are things that they can do for this, like ads on the forum and post 2 host like you mentioned (which the forum ads would then cover the account's use) and donations. Others might have a paid host as a parent or offer paid too.

I am setting up an ad network, and I was thinking about doing this,
since ads would appear on free hosting accounts. I was also wondering
if there are any free client hosting managment scripts, and what is used to implement the ad on client cpanel, and hosted sites?

Thanks

I'm using thehostingtool for client management. It can do post2host. For the ads on client sites, I don't know what to use, maybe mod_layout (in apache) ?

I really was not considering forums at this point. what
forums does it support...

ok, I looked up that tool, looks like it is mainly for free hosting..
thats fine, but no need wasting resources when i can
offer paid accounts also :) so the script would need to
handle free/paid accounts.

I really was not considering forums at this point. what
forums does it support...

ok, I looked up that tool, looks like it is mainly for free hosting..
thats fine, but no need wasting resources when i can
offer paid accounts also :) so the script would need to
handle free/paid accounts.

It does have paid but I have never used that

I logged into the demo, it did not look that prof.
I do not think anyone would take me seriously.

Your reputation is pretty bad here. I doubt many people would take you seriously here anyway, no offence intended.

Your reputation is pretty bad here. I doubt many people would take you seriously here anyway, no offence intended.

I do not even come here often..

maybe you can explain more...

you could not even post your offer, so
now you want to give me crap...

Last edited:
Well, Free Hosting is a job based on passion. Most Free Hosting providers put ads just to break even. A successful web hosting company would never try to run Free Hosting for monetary returns, instead, they find pleasure in being able to provide solutions to webmasters with strong ideas, but no capital to buy Hosting. You allow so many people to accomplish so much more. Think of this. Every person who you provide hosting to, is changed. You have no idea who these people will become. You are changing history every day.

In short, successful Free Web Hosting companies don't go out wanting monetary returns, they go out to help users, whilst being able to do something they love - passion.

I have a free host, we get some donations every now and then and we have ads on our support forums. But that income doesn't come even close to the server costs.

But I am not having a free host to become rich ;)

Well, Free Hosting is a job based on passion. Most Free Hosting providers put ads just to break even. A successful web hosting company would never try to run Free Hosting for monetary returns, instead, they find pleasure in being able to provide solutions to webmasters with strong ideas, but no capital to buy Hosting. You allow so many people to accomplish so much more. Think of this. Every person who you provide hosting to, is changed. You have no idea who these people will become. You are changing history every day.

In short, successful Free Web Hosting companies don't go out wanting monetary returns, they go out to help users, whilst being able to do something they love - passion.

in short, there are probably very free hosting compaines then.
its not really about making money from the free hosting, as
much as a need to supply ads to my advertisers...as long as
I would get active signups, then it would be a source for
advertisers to show their ads...

I have 2 hosts on my service I personally talk to regularly who make a decent chunk of money off of their free hosts. One is an adult free host, and he does pretty well with dating advertisements. The other is pretty targeted to fans of a baseball team, and he has had good luck with selling merchandise.

Back