• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DNSreport - Do you use it?

jiehao85

ORiN
NLC
Just do a check to see how many people actually use DNSreport.com to check on their DNS settings. I use it to check for webhosts who don't know what they are doing and cause DNS poisoning to their clients. I had one such experience when my webhost did not set the configurations correctly, thus, causing some clients to complain that their users could not access their websites from certain locations.

As in the reports not being accurate? I tend to check my webhost's DNS with the website. My point is not a perfect report which is hard to attain but rather a report with no reds.

I do all my DNS checks through dnsstuff.com
They have so many tools! including the one you just showen.

Indeed, but how do you judge the DNS reports since it is not easy to get a perfectly sound report. The best I have seen thus far is only a report with a few yellow fields.

It does give info on changing the 'red light' ones so I'd go with it, unless your not sure about the changes that have to be made manually which are very well described.
Been around for a bit with no complaints (that I remember) so it should be a good guideline, I do use it myself occassionally.

That's right. It is a good guidelines for webhosts to try to get all Greens. It is always a bonus that you can state on your website that may get more clients for you.

I had a few in the past but I still got some that I can't manage to resolve as my WHM keep timing out with my reseller account.

Dnsstuff is an asset to any company, Personally on my computer for work, using IE7 it is on an tab that opens everytime IE opens up, as its used atleast 3 times an hour, if not more, checking into almost anything and everything.

Back