• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dk3.com

They offer
-unlimited space
-free hosting
-php
-unlimited mysql
-unlimited accounts without re-resigreing
-cgi/perl
-cgi/php
-unix servers
www.dk3.com
I need a DOMAIN host with
-at least 50 megabytes
-mysql
-php
free
Dk3.com offer sub-domains only

Originally posted by Cracker

They do plan to re-open in the future though, and I don't think they've killed existing free accounts.
All the existing accounts are still up as far as i can tell, i know my few still are.

this

Yeah existing accounts are still up, mine work fine.
But for how long :confused: DK3 was good for testing

Forget DK3.com cause it aint free nomore cause I just had gone there and put in my login info and went to select webhosting well it says here as I quote

Professional service

The Webhosting service is currently only available to our professional (paying) members. You can be a professional member for as little as $15, this is a one time fee – when you have used your points you will still be able to use the service (but with advertising).

Then it had a link
click here to become a professional user - Instant activation

Now thats lame now but what the heck I thought I would point that out now I had found out that! :(

Hi,

We are planing to reopen for free accounts in the near furture. Our servers is beginning to fill up therefor we have chosen to only allow pro-users to sign up for new accounts - I hope you understand :eek:)

Old accounts will NOT be terminated - we love hosting your sites (even if it's for free)

Originally posted by DK3.com staff
Hi,

We are planing to reopen for free accounts in the near furture. Our servers is beginning to fill up therefor we have chosen to only allow pro-users to sign up for new accounts - I hope you understand :eek:)

Old accounts will NOT be terminated - we love hosting your sites (even if it's for free)

Will they anytime get fast??

Originally posted by DK3.com staff

All new accounts are connected to the Internet through 100 Mbit/sec ethernet, all servers sharing a 3+ Gigabit hole.

Yes, those are the paid hosts.. But i mean the old accounts are still on the slow server?

Will they ever get the fast servers?

Originally posted by DCI
Yes, those are the paid hosts..

Recent opened free accounts are also hosted on the fast servers.

But i mean the old accounts are still on the slow server? Will they ever get the fast servers?

We are planning to move the "old-accounts" to some new hardware, but I do not have a timeframe :confused2

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.dk3.com
OS, Web Server and Hosting History for www.dk3.com
OS Server Last changed IP address Netblock Owner
Linux Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.6 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_perl/1.26 mod_layout/3.0 4-Apr-2002 62.242.153.122 Servage.com
Linux Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.6 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_perl/1.26 mod_layout/3.0 22-Dec-2001 62.242.153.122 TDC ProAccess ADSL users
Linux Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) PHP/4.0.6 mod_perl/1.26 mod_layout/3.0 14-Nov-2001 62.242.153.122 TDC ProAccess ADSL users
Linux Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.2.10 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_layout/2.11.5 22-Jun-2001 62.242.153.122 TELE DANMARK
Did DK3 used to be off ADSL or something?

I guess free accounts get only one sub domain....

But a link to add another domain still exists...when clicked...it says..something like...i'll have to upgrade to become a paid member..for more sub domains...

What i'd like to know is..does the free accounts get only one sub domain...??

Thanks
:)

Originally posted by ideavirus
What i'd like to know is..does the free accounts get only one sub domain...??

You can sign up for as many subdoains you like at LINK, but can not sign up for more than one webhosting account per 72 hours. (because of abuse problems)

you'll offer domains?
for example free .com domains with ads, or only paid domains?
please do the first one :D

Cyberflash

Back