• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dim8.net

VinceW

Does anyone have anything, good or bad, to say about dim8.net? I'm thinking their $50/year plan looks pretty good.

meow - I'm rather new to this but from what I understand Tera-Byte is a pretty popular company whereas Dim8 is only 2 months old and has no connection to T-B. They seem to offer quite a bit for $50/year, more than T-B. BTW, they do accept credit cards.

Dim8 has good management, I seriously doubt you could go wrong there. I really couldnt say how TB is since I havent talked to Steve in quite a while now.

Thanx Webdude. After looking over their website, I just got a good feeling about them.

What I like too is that you don't have to pay by credit card unlike a lot of companies, one of which will remain nameless. &=^)

Hello.

I was trying remain out of this topic as I do not want to influence anyone to join Dimension 8 or be accused of spamming. However, I think I should post here to answer any questions anyone may have.

Regarding credit cards, we do accept credit cards, however, we not advertise it as much since we are using an outside source to charge our clients. We currently are using instabill.com. We prefer our clients pay through paypal, check or money order. We've always thought that paying with credit cards was one of the most popular methods... we were wrong.

Dimension 8 is hosted off of a dedicated server located at Tera-Byte's Headquarters in Canada. TB is a fantastic company when it comes to providing support, servers and prices.

In response to Meow's comment regarding "Yeah...almost too good", well it's true. Matter of fact, package 2 is one of the most popular packages we have.

However, we have changed our ways. We will no longer activate an account and allow our client to pay 12-20 days later as we have found that a few of our clients have not been paying. Payment is required upfront prior of activation of anyones account. We apologize for this.

I want to thank Webdude for those kind words regarding Dimension 8, we strive to be the best and offer the best when it comes to anyone hosted, and not hosted, at Dimension 8. Worldzone and WorldzonePro has been one of the best when it comes to features and support.

Robert will take good care of you and your website should u decide to host with dim8.

He is in fact on a dedicated RAQ3 with 256mb ram which will hopefully be upgraded to the RAQ4 with 256mb and asp support :). The server is located at tera-byte.

Thanx for straightening a few things out Robert. Can't blame you for ending the "free" program for the "free" loaders, some people just don't get it.

I'll be emailing your company another question or two before I make a decision.

Wow, yeah, after what I've read here, dim8.net is starting to look very nice. I'd really like to here more commentary from the owner (note I ASKED) about their services, ie what makes them great, how reliable are they, etc. If the forum mods are very strict feel free to email me, photon@home.com.

Originally posted by photon
Wow, yeah, after what I've read here, dim8.net is starting to look very nice. I'd really like to here more commentary from the owner (note I ASKED) about their services, ie what makes them great, how reliable are they, etc. If the forum mods are very strict feel free to email me, photon@home.com.

What makes us great? Well that's a hard question to ask the owner of the company, of course I can tell you that our primary goal is to offer the best support to our current clients than anyone else. We are more interested in keeping the current clients we have than getting new clients. Only our clients can tell other people how good we are when it comes to speed, support, and the will to be the best webhosting company out there.

How reliable are we? Having a dedicated server hosted at Tera-byte.com is probably the best way to get a dedicated server. Tera-Byte not only offers great and fast support, but they also have one of the best (if not the fastest) connections to the internet. So far, the only downtime Dim8.net has expierenced is the time it takes for the server to be rebooted.. which shouldn't take more than 5 minutes max.

I gotta admit though, I never knew so many people were interested in paid webhosting. I never visted the Paid Hosting forum on this site until I opened up Dimension 8.

I've noticed one thing though.. that are MANY.. and I repeat MANY webhosting companies, and there are MANY big webhosting company such as verio.com, cihost.com, and others that have more than 100 employees, more than 20 servers, offer the best of the best and have no downtime. But.. the bigger the company, the harder it is to get support sometimes. I've noticed that a lot of people prefer small webhosting company, like Dimension 8, since everyone, including the owner takes part in helping. You don't see CiHost.com's owner posting here do you? Sometimes bigger isn't better.

I've learned one thing from owning a webhosting company, being honest and knowing what your clients really need is the best type of support you can offer.

For those who have actually talked to me on AIM (Dim8Web) or Yahoo! Messenger (Dim8Web), you probably realized that I'm not in competition with other companies. I'm here to make a profit, but if a client is looking for something that I know I can't offer, I'm not going to lie to them and tell them we offer it. I'm going to be supportive and help them find a good webhosting company, such as worldzonepro or below10host or even a VDI Based reseller.

I hope what I have posted today does't violate any of the Forum's Rules.. (Sorry Chicken).

I typed a lot.. so please don't delete.. haha

If anyone has any questions, please contact me at robert@dim8.net or on AIM @ Dim8Web or even on Yahoo! Messenger on Dim8Web.

Have a fantastic day and don't be afraid to email me with any questions.. remember.. there are no stupid questions except those NOT asked..

With kind regards

I'd really like to here more commentary from the owner (note I ASKED) about their services, ie what makes them great, how reliable are they, etc. If the forum mods are very strict feel free to email me, photon@home.com.

Well Photon, although you requested this info, I'll just ask members (in the future), not to ask hosts to break the forum rules. Basically this amounts to an ad and it would have been better to contact him directly. Next time...

Originally posted by Chicken
I'd really like to here more commentary from the owner (note I ASKED) about their services, ie what makes them great, how reliable are they, etc. If the forum mods are very strict feel free to email me, photon@home.com.

Well Photon, although you requested this info, I'll just ask members (in the future), not to ask hosts to break the forum rules. Basically this amounts to an ad and it would have been better to contact him directly. Next time...

I apologize Chicken and I appreciate that you didn't delete the post. Next time, I will just email it or upload it to my server and just include a link. :)

We get it on WHT as well... members ask hosts to post offers, heh. Guess they don't realize it (luckily the hosts know, hee ho). I'm trying to be less retentive, we'll see if it works. :)

This company, Dim8.net, seem to be good. Support is excellent, and plans seem very reasonable.

I'm going to join their 'Plan 2' tomorrow with paypal probably.

Regards,
Fred Salari
myInternetCompany

If we start telling visitors they need to email the host, and tell the hosts they cant answer about their own services....then this board might as well shut down because we'll be defeating the whole purpose of it. Personally I think things are getting a bit too strict on the matter. I liked the way this thread went...friendly and professional. Not a single flame or arguement (-:

I think we need to draw a better line between what is advertising, and what is simply discussing a service(regardless who is discussing). For instance, other than whats in his sig....there's nothin in his post to tell you where to go to check it out, what the prices are, what they offer, etc. In that case, he was not breaking any rules. Correct?

Whatever happened to the 'other' forum that was going to get added? Peo? Where are ya Peo? Hello Peo. Ya there Peo? Testing...1...2. I dont think this mic is working. Anyway, I'd say get rid of the testing forum and put the new one in it's place.

Webdude - I couldn't agree more, the thread was a perfect example of how it should be done, there was no hard sell, just simple, honest facts and a positive attitude by all.

terra-byte

was nice to read the thread. and i think it's good to see that the hosts care!!!
just want to say that peopel interested in dim8.net should check out the thread of terra-byte.
i was thinking it's terrific.
But then I heard that sometimes the connection to Europe is not that great:-(
if you are in canada or i guess states and your viewers, too it's awesome and cheap...

Originally posted by Webdude
Personally I think things are getting a bit too strict on the matter. I liked the way this thread went...friendly and professional. Not a single flame or arguement (-:

I totally agree with webdude. People come to these forums looking for help, and if I want to tell someone about my company.. that's considered spam? I understand if I tell them to GO SIGN UP NOW!! LIMITED TIME ONLY!! But I'm not.. nor as any popular web hosting company. The rules on this forum are getting strict and it's not even fun anymore to visit this forum sometimes.

I've started to visit http://www.webhostingtalk.com a lot more because the rules aren't as strict. Even though Chicken also moderates that forum, he doesn't delete or edit everyone's post as much as he does here. I understand he only doing his job.

I've tried my hardest to remain neutral in this topic because I did not want to break any forum rules, but if a visitor requests that I comment on my company, I don't want to seem like the one that doesn't. And sure.. I could email that person... but what would others think?

I think this is a fantastic website with many talented people, it'll be a shame to lose them and their expierence.

Back