• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

digitalrice tos

noeska

can someone translate this into plain english ( i dont understand the reproduce modify, adapt and publish part ):

6. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO DIGITALRICE
Digitalrice does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Digitalrice Site. By submitting Content to Digitalrice for inclusion on your Digitalrice Site, you grant Digitalrice the world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Digitalrice Site on Digitalrice's Internet properties. This license exists only for as long as you continue to be a Digitalrice homesteader and shall be terminated at the time your Digitalrice Site is terminated. You acknowledge that Digitalrice does not pre-screen Content, but that Digitalrice and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Digitalrice and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.

in other words you give them permission to copy and make any changes to any information that you put on your site and claim it as theirs as long as you are still a member there.

Hm, I think of not uploading my asp code to their site looking at your explanation. I dont like others peeking in my asp code let alone they can claim it as theirs as you say.

Btw doesn't this conflict with their first line:
Digitalrice does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Digitalrice Site. ?

I don't think it's really a "license" per say...they do say "non-exclusive"...I think it's just a dumb way of saying that if you put something bad on their servers, they can get rid of it.

Back