• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Designed and Coded in PHP hosting site from scratch

Scene-Power

Includes coded forums, coded support center, account area, all the basics + more

After hosting is ordered an invoice will appear then a link within the following 24 hours.

Considering I'm 17 i spent two years with Ctrl-Alt-Deli.com before Rickie became seriously ill and I could do nothing as he was lay in a hospital bed and suffered deep depression because of life at home.

I think i've done pretty well coding it from scratch, and considering my age. What you guys think of design and overall way the site works?

http://scene-power.com

Colour : Somehow not harmonic ^^ (in my opinion)
Register Now: Somehow not clear to see ^^ make it white or other colour.
Php Script: If you created yourself Cool :)
Support : Hmm... if you have fantastico installed try to use live help script / support ticket script since if visitor come then how they will ask questions. Live help is somehow crucial (in my opinion)

That's my feedback ^^

Dan

OK all taken on board

Colour: I fancied a change :p
Register Now: Colour change within 5 minutes ;)
php script: I love it too
Support: I coded a support section but ill look into the live chat, wanted to keep the site as unique as possible

Add more Sorry ^^;

If this is for real hosting website...... Somehow it's ugly.
To say it to you contrastly if this is for hosting (real site) it's out of competition.
Does not matter how old you are, But as long as you are in the business competition. You need to have a hosting design at least like a1whs old site somehow. (not sure whether the link is still up or not)

I know that you want to be unique... then be it.. Create more creative design :) If just empty like that somehow people come and see then think "What is this?" A hosting site? Yeah for real...

That's my opinion though up 2 you want to follow or not ^^

Add a bit more:

Script is cool, that you create your own forum ^^ but layout not okay.
Make a footer, not just copyright by blablba... Try to make another colour or a picture.

Last edited:
I will follow as i want to be as successful as possible

Maybe if i changed the background colour it could make a big impact as to how the site is percieved?

ur dont have a header or a footer at all . So changing background is not major issue. It looks like it has been deprived of its soul.

Nice little forum system but i thinkyou should go with the big guns like PHPBB and MYBB and VBULLETIN ETC

you have done a good job codeing from scratch, but the site is just ugly. try using something like phpnuke or mambo to get a better design layout and still accomplish what you are trying to do. if this is a hosting site, then dont make it look like a forum site. make it look like godaddy or something even more simple like compdetail.com keep trying and you will get better. just take ever comment with a grain of salt. we are not trying to hurt your feelings, just help you. i had a couple good comments on my first design, but most said it was just ok. now my new design is awsome and the comments support that. so it just goes to show that if you keep trying, you will get better. :)

Really need to get a new design done, its a case of getting a template (done) which is quite simple then getting it coded int the template which can be quite difficult

Thanks again for everyones comments, If i got a good design with it you think it would be a good CMS to release as a hosting CMS?

Danny

check out mambo bro. it is a really nice looking php site that you could add you text and pic into since you know php. it has a beautifull layot and colors, and you can ether design a logo yourself or get someone to hook you up with one. check mambo out at http://www.mamboserver.com and download the files. :) i hope this is helpfull

i dont know what you guyz are chatting about, i think the site is well nice n plain.
I site has to be just right - 'not too plain n simple but not too advanced either' and your site just needs a colour chnage thats it! ok?!

no offence uzzer, but the layout is ok, but the colors make it ugly, and i wouldnt even listen to what you say considering looking at your page, it is terrible. especially black backgrounds...they are the worst. where did you learn about web design, you high school freshman class? learn some more about design before you start trying to be a critic. no one said his site was terrible. it just has bad color management and is a little to plain. also the banner needs to be changed. besides that, the layout is great. so go learn more about design, and then come back here. also, i dont thinks anyone is going to give a free .com for and add. .coms cost money. if you want one, then go to my site and sign up for one for 9.95 for one year, but i dont see that your site will be getting enough traffic to really want to give anyone a free domain. sorry. go buy one. i am one of may people that supply them cheap.

sorry but you dont need to learn about web designing to see whether a site looks good or not. i personally like the site, and i said he needs a colour change.
also, the writing in red is my signature, so dont post a comment about it here.
so please, you learn common sense, then tell me what to do.
finally, i learnt my webdesigning from scratch, with no help, and high school freshman class??!! i am in the uk bruv, any one who talks like that in my school is considered a GEEK!!

well welcome to the US...this is not the UK and i dont care what you think is a geek....and for learning from scratch, keep learnign then. you site sucks. noone but warez designers use black backgrounds anymore. tehy are hard on the eyes and are ugly. and yes, you need to learn about design before you try to be a critic. if you are a shitty designer, like you obviously are, then you definately cant give a review that is worth a damn. i tried being nice in the last message and was trying to help you out, but it is past that now when you try to critisize me. so, i withdraw my offer from me even getting you a really good price on a domain, and if you dont want someone to post something about you signature, then remove the damn thing. "CAN I HAVE A FREE .COM OR ANY OTHER DOMAIN NAME FOR FREE IN RETURN FOR ADS ON MY SITE!! " what that means to someone else is that you are trying to get a domain, not a signature. so sorry i tried being helpfull. dont bother posting anything else since you definately dont know what the hell you are talking about. you couldnt even figure out how to change your bgcolor without posting a thread, so you obviously dont know shit. leave the reviews to people that know what they are doing. this guy is looking for a real review, and trying to better his site, not get reviews from someone that doesnt know his head from his --- and is giving good reviews to everyone that i have read that you posted on. so once again to review this site, read my previous post, and my offer stands to help.

i dont need help from a guy who thinks he knows it all. i am not a web designer, i agree, but i visit pages like every other person, which means i know what a good attractive website looks like.
secondly, i dont care if my site sucks, if you really want to tell me that start a thread about my site, or better off, reply to my thread. this thread isnt about me or you, it is about a site which has room for improvement. so stop thinking you are the only one with brains around here, because right now, you are giving me the impression that you are a big-headed 'retard' that doesn't have a brain.
thirdly, i put the signature there for people, not animals... so that excludes you!!
fourthly, i didnt know how to change the background because i am not good with php, like i said, i am still learning about it.
also, if the guy who wanted a review wants a real review, why are you posting here, because if you dont know what a signature is, and where it is postioned on a page and that it is always under the straight line, then you cant know much about websites either.
another thing, i do not need your help, i only asked help from people who want to help people as a good thing and not as a bad thing.
Finally, i did not reply in this thread to fight with you, i replied to tell the owner of the site, that he has a great site and all he needs is a colour change. i was also telling him that what you said, and i quote:
but the site is just ugly
is not true, the colours are fine, but they do need changing. so please if you want an argument with me, i suggest that you count to 10, because nor i have the patience or time, and niether has anyone else!!
Thank You!!

Last edited:
Back