• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

demented.org

autographsbymai

demented.org::

here is what they offer they look good but i think they are slow lemme get a accont

no defined disk quotas
no transfer/traffic limits
your own subdomain (http://login.demented.org)
128-bit encrypted site (https://www.demented.org/~login)
cgi-bin (perl 5.6), PHP/4.1.0, mod_ssl/2.8.5
ftp and shell (bash) access to the server
pop3/webmail @demented.org e-mail account
custom error pages (403, 404, 500)
your own mysql database w/ phpMyAdmin access)
webalizer statistics
protected directories (.htaccess)

looks like they allow romz and mp3s

Last edited:
I would say the majority of the hosts that die are from users who post here that don't tell anyone that they have warez sites.

Well, even if it is a DSL host it loaded quite reasonably for me (is the main site hosted on their server?). Their forums are very active (Members: 454, Threads: 792, Posts: 6,015) and the design looks really professional. To bad it will slow down when lots more people sign up :(.

it's pretty crap.. i have a crap processor... and it's better than theirs... i think theirs is one of the old AMD procssors... i have

AMD k6/2 500mHz

they have

AMD k6/2 400mHz

that is crap...

AMD K6-2 procccessors are like processors for business's or home! Ya need AT LEAST a Pentium III 500Mhz to run a server!

Note: I am planning a free host to be run on a Intel Pentium III 500MHz

no... u can use just about any processor for a server... no law against it... it's just that.. the server would be crap if it was a proccesor like mine :p

4 months before we crash and burn, eh..

nah. don't think so. once the DSL is over populated with people I will be co-locating the box on my friends dual DS3 network. I get a rack there for $500 a month and get plugged directly into the DS3's switch. :)

as far as it taking awhile for accounts is because manually add them.

nothing illegal is to be hosted on the box. mp3's, romz, etc..

as far as the speed of the system. i've got a Dual Xeon 900MHz board and chips on the way. :)

Back