• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

deleting folders with ftp

jason

i have a load of folders i need to delete but the ftp won't me delete them without deleting the contents of the folder first, i don't want to waste my time deleting the files from each folder if possible, is there any way to get around this? i use WS FTP Le 5.09

I haven't found a way around that yet, believe me I have tried it often :angry2:

Maybe those with different programs can comment on that. Just had a thought, does your host's control panel have a file manager? You might be able to do it that way?

hmm you know, i don't even know if i have a control panel. i've had a dedicated server since 99, and if i have one i've never used it lol. guess its something to look into.

It must just be your FTP client. I'm using Cute FTP Pro 3.0 and I can delete folders with files in them.

WS_FTL LE (Light Edition) doesn't allow the option to delete folders with contents. Only WS_FTP PRO has that option, another reason to get the PRO version.

Back