• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Servers

jw

Could anyone share their experiences with SkyNetWeb or VDI as far as dedicated servers? We have been looking at these places and need reviews. Also, if you have had good experiences with another place, please tell me.

Originally posted by igsites
I'm thinking of going wth catalog.com.

Hmm.. they have been having some major downtime everyday. I wouldnt recommend them, atleast as of now.

I think Tera-byte.com is having promotion for their Raq servers.

If you want raq, you might wanna check them out.

I would be wary about 4webspace.com. A raq AND 100gb bandwidth for only 99$/month ?? It sounds too good to be true, and if it sounds too good, it usually is.

Also check out their software addon page: 250$ for mySQL and 290$ (!!!) for PHP ?!?

I was a little also, but it is run by tera-byte which is a very reputible company. I'm assuming its cheaper without MySQL/PHP so they don't have to actually support it. More than a few people at webhostingtalk.com have bough one also.

Note that you can install it yourself, and not receive support for it. The boards can help you get through just about anything that might come up (amazingly), so never fear!

Thats not the problem, I would install them anyway because they always put outdated versions on there, but I think i've decided on skynetweb.com. Thanks for the help.

I think ThinkHost are hosted with SkyNetWeb and they have a lot of downtime on and off for a while now. I would also take a look at UltraSpeed USA (http://www.ultraspeedusa.com) and UK (http://www.ultraspeed.co.uk).

yep i justed moved to a dedicated server with Ultraspeedusa.com and it's great :) reopening my vB forum tomorrow on the new serve :D

Originally posted by cabalstudios

Additional Bandwidth
ONLY $15 PER 1GB

What a steal! Where I sign up?

Seriously though, isn't that a tad to much especially consideiring the fact your only giving 10 Gigs to strat with?

He's a uk host if hes getting his servers from a uk host like webfusion then he will haveto charge that price otherwise hed be loosing money.

Back