• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Servers....

Iceman7

What is a good equvilant to fdcservers? I appreciate the free system restores, so rackshack is gone. About 100 a month, no setup, good system, 1.6 ghz, 512 megs ram, 80 gb hd, unlimited bandwidth.

Any other places that offer that?

nope, actually, my neighbor has a few servers with them, and cogent just pulled the plug on them, and poof, server down for an expected 2-4 days. He wants to still use them, since they are switching to quest or yipes, but wants to split his servers up into different locations, so they don't all go down...

And i'm sorry, i meant "Un-metered" bandwidth, not unlimited since most of you guys have a fit over terminalogy....

Originally posted by Iceman7
nope, actually, my neighbor has a few servers with them, and cogent just pulled the plug on them, and poof, server down for an expected 2-4 days. He wants to still use them, since they are switching to quest or yipes, but wants to split his servers up into different locations, so they don't all go down...

And i'm sorry, i meant "Un-metered" bandwidth, not unlimited since most of you guys have a fit over terminalogy....

They only had cogent?? wow!!

What is a good equvilant to fdcservers? I appreciate the free system restores, so rackshack is gone. About 100 a month, no setup, good system, 1.6 ghz, 512 megs ram, 80 gb hd, unlimited bandwidth.

Any other places that offer that?

What's the likelihood of needing a system restore anyway? Save the hassle and go with rackshack.

Re: Re: Dedicated Servers....

Originally posted by acidmist_mike

What's the likelihood of needing a system restore anyway? Save the hassle and go with rackshack.

I would say pretty good. The $30 charge for system restore in 24 hours is unbelievable, let alone $70 for 1-2 hours. Also, Rackshack only gives you 400 gigs of bandwidth, posted asking for unmetered.

Besides that, can't say i'm too fond of rackshack, know a few people that have servers on there, not really that happy with the speed.

Originally posted by MN-Robert
Fact is you won't get unmetered for $100 :)

Sure he will.... http://www.*.* offers it for $1/mo with unnlimited disk space and unlimited cpu and ram.... god Robert keep up with the times :biggrin2: :rolleyes:

Now back to realality, you know Rackshack is the only place for you. Save everyone the hassle and go with them.

On the subject of system restores. Who exactly would be doing these system restores then? Answer = a staff member. Last time I checked, Rackshack/EV1 pay their staff, therefor you pay for their time. Anyone offering it for free is either screwing you completely on the normal fee or extreamly stupid or you pay a monthly fee for a set amount.

On the subject of only 400GB data-transfer per month. What planet are you on? 400GB data-transfer based upon 100% usage is more or less 1.5Mbit 24/7 for the whole 1 month. Your not going to get this with a server for $100 per month or less unless they are massively overselling. Unmetered is releasitic if your paying for the actual bandwidth. For $100 per month 400GB is a hell of alot and for crist sakes they include a server and ensim control panel aswell which on its own costs ($199/yr).

Now, if you can't be assed to read all that. The jist of it is. Go with Rackshack

Last edited:
About 100 a month, no setup, good system, 1.6 ghz, 512 megs ram, 80 gb hd, unlimited bandwidth.
This request is completely unrealistic. Doesn't matter if you change it to unmetered.

Pick what you need, the amount of bandwidth/transfer and ask for quotes.

I think 400GB with rackshack or 500GB with unitedcolo is the best you'll find for $100/month. I'd have to say Rackshack gives better service according to customers.

Back