• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated Servers?

striker99

Hi well i am considering making up a dedicated server sometime next year roughly with the following stats

2 Gb Drr 400 ram - 2 X 1024 mb sticks
Pentium D 2.8 GHz - 3.2 GHZ
250 Gb sata HDD
These are just some rough stats on what i have been thinking about this server would be hosted in australia so prices are a bit higher than the average US server i would be cahrging about $270 AUS dolars a month for the server how ever the only problem is ISP's in australia the best ones i was able to find had unlimited upload and about 120 gb down = users on net can download as much as they like but only upload 120 gb so is there anyone that might be able to help me find so decent isp's in australia??

And i was wondering is there anyone out there who may be interested in such a server for that price

NetCafe, he is looking to sell one :p

Also,

striker99. Thats $236 (USD) and is WAY too much. Also are you hosting this at home or in a datacenter? If your hosting it at home on a connection under 10MB/s cut 50% off that price.

If you want to do this, personly I would talk to an american Datacenter and see if you can get a place in one of there datacenters with a pre-built computer, it will MUCH cheaper and a much better quality.

If your going to host it at home make sure you have all the additonal server monitor equipment and if someone is not there 24/7 capable of fixing the server if something bad happens cut another 10% off the price you want it to be.

hottweelz said:
Hosting-Shack, follow me...

Yes! That's a great price. Start selling them now!

Ohhh... Yeah! I forgot about that Hottweelz :) striker99, that price is wonderfull :) Infact i think you should add a $199 setup fee!

Also Striker99, i'll take 2! :)P)

Did you note that it is in AUD? Thats roughly $201.54USD.

And about the transfer compared to US Transfer.
Bah AU Transfer may seem crap BUT 120GB from an australian ISP will last 3 - 4 times longer then from a US ISP. US transfer is both ways however au transfer is 1 way. So you guys shouldn't be so mean to striker99

gfun said:
Did you note that it is in AUD? Thats roughly $201.54USD.

Bah AU Transfer may seem crap BUT 120GB from an australian ISP will last 3 - 4 times longer then from a US ISP. US transfer is both ways however au transfer is 1 way. So you guys shouldn't be so mean to striker99

But still. If he's looking for an ISP and he wants to host it himself... that cuts the price by 50% :S

Not quite as remember he needs to pay for the server it's self, The electricity used and the ISP plan he specified is about $2700AUD /m.

So don't bag him for it. Internet is not cheap down here in Australia. The computer will most probebly cost over $2000AUD too. Computers are only just starting to go down same with internet access.

Yeah man I know.
How crap is it. It's a shame that little Johnny doesn't get his a$s into gear and start investing more money in the Australian IT Services. We'd have super fast 1TB Fibre Optic connections by now but no... John Howard puts more then $5,000,000 into drinks for the Parliament House >.< His a Dictator I swear it!

gfun said:
Not quite as remember he needs to pay for the server it's self, The electricity used and the ISP plan he specified is about $2700AUD /m.

So don't bag him for it. Internet is not cheap down here in Australia. The computer will most probebly cost over $2000AUD too. Computers are only just starting to go down same with internet access.

So why host it in Australia? Call a data center in the USA and get some pre-build computers.

gfun said:

I have no idea what you said. Toilets flush in the other direction because it's one way. However, Transfer is in and out bound whether Australia or not.

Let's argue this one. 120gb lasts 3-4 times Longer.

This is the greatest thing I ever heard.

Back