• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dedicated server

Tyler

NLC
Hello, I am in need of a dedicated server with a good internet connection, this will be for a Garrysmod server (A Half-Life 2 mod), however unlike most servers this one requires a very good lagancy, and a good packet transfer rate. It uses heavy CPU due to the sheer calculations required (there are many gamemodes for it, the popular one is sandbox. You create props, weld them, etc.)

My budget is 80$. I can go over, but I would rather not.

I need:

1GB ram
2000GB bandwith (I could go as low as 1500, but it might need to be upgraded later)
Windows Web Edition (Or standard, whatever works)

For the CPU, last time I ran a Garrysmod server, it was using around 70% of a Core2Duo. However, my slots were high (32-50) this time I only intend to, at first, use 16 slots. I suppose a P4 3.0Ghz might, and I stress might, work.

For the Hard drive, I would like one that can load files up fast. A 60GB Hard Drive would do, the faster RPM the better. Last time I ran Gmod, I noticed a large amount of swap being used over ram.

I must stress this again - the connection needs to be fast, low packet loss, and mostly lag free. I could live with a somewhat crapp connection, but if its anything like cognet (I used to be with biggameservers.com, they were located in texas and supposedly they were using cognet - my god, I never want that again).

Please post your offers below.

For $84.99 I can offer you the following:

Pentium D Dual Core 3.0GHz
2GB RAM
250GB Hard Drive (SATA)
2000GB Bandwidth
2 IPs, upgradable to 5 for free (on request)
Windows 2003 Web Edition

This is a custom plan. Please PM me for info if interested.

Thanks

I cant PM you, this account is new.

Instead, you can email me at lion932@live.com, I made the account just for this purpose.

*Groans* great... the wait for a moderator to approve of this post.

Hello,

Universal Hosts would like to offer you:
Dual Core Pentium D 912 3.0 GHz
2 GB RAM
250 GB SATA HD
Windows 2003 Web Edition
2000 GB Transfer(or 10 mbps unmetered for $8 additional/m)
$79.99/month

To order, email sales [atsignhere] uni-hosts.com for coupon, as this is a reduction in our normal price.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Back