• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

dedicated or reseller shoutcast

40till5

I want to try out selling shoutcast servers.

I know the best way to test the waters is to use a reseller account.
I can go this route but I'd like to see if I can cover the cost of something dedicated.

I'd like to have a simple web based admin to create servers from & also a web based admin pages for my users. Brandable would be nice but I can handle a default template if needs be.

I plan to start small & doubt I really need more than 5000 to 10000 slots. The main thing is I need unlimited bandwidth.

I'd like to see some ideas for what you all think would be best for me to start out with & maybe some offers as well please.

wehost4you.net can offer you

AMD 1400
1GB RAM
80GB HD
100 Mbit Port
Unmetered Transfer
Any OS & Control Panel
$125

AMD64 3100+
1GB RAM
200GB HD
100 Mbit Port
Unmetered Transfer
$149/month

Theses servers come with 100mbit shared unmetered (5000gb-9000gb) dont fall for the sellers selling same servers as none shared bandwith

100mbit shared unmetered = 6.5 or so TB

100Mbit unmetered = over 30TB a month of bandwidth.

If it's shared, it's not unmetered.

Watch out for scammers, they say you are getting an unmetered 100Mbit line (which is over 30TB) but instead, you are getting a SHARED line, and depending on the other people using that line, you could get 1TB, you could get lucky and get 20+. Always ask for a GUARENTEED amount of monthly bandwidth.

We have some SHOUTcast Reseller deals going on, please check our website http://shoutcasti.com or contact sales at: sales(at)shoutcasti(dot)com to get a custom deal depending on your budget

40till5,

There's no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, if 1500GB isn't enough please contact me for quotes on unmetered servers

Yes there is I only get servers with unmeterd 100mbit ports
(this limits the datacenters i pick but there is such thing as unmeterd bandwitdh)
And in our days it dont really cost more than a datacenter with bandwidth limits:wave:
of course the ports are shared but get around 6 - 9TB a month

Last edited:
Yes there is I only get servers with unmeterd 100mbit ports
(this limits the datacenters i pick but there is such thing as unmeterd bandwitdh)
And in our days it dont really cost more than a datacenter with bandwidth limits:wave:
of course the ports are shared but get around 6 - 9TB a month

if they are shared and you get a 8 TB average then it's not unmetered. Unmetered it's when you can burst up to 10, 100, 1000 Mbps (depending on the bandwidth) at any time

100Mbit unmetered = over 30TB a month of transfer.

If it's shared, it's not unmetered.

Watch out for scammers, they say you are getting an unmetered 100Mbit line (which is over 30TB) but instead, you are getting a SHARED line, and depending on the other people using that line, you could get 1TB, you could get lucky and get 20+.

My point exactly mr.d1n1.

Back