• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Decline on online advertisement....

!!

Supermoo wasn't insulting Australia...he's too smart to do that in my presence...right SM? ;)

He was merely pointing out the benefits that can be had by exporting products or services to the States right now. While the market is way off its high in the US, the Greenback has (for some reason) remained strong against most foreign currencies. The result of this is that foreigners who derive their income from US-based companies, working in US dollars, are laughing all the way to the bank.

BTW, Supermoo, which country are you from? US?

XX

Originally posted by Czar
BTW, Supermoo, which country are you from? US?

I'll answer that with your own quote...

Originally posted by Czar @ SIC

lol. What a warm welcome. Hey Supermoo, aussieguy and everyone else. :)
Yes, Robert, you should be afraid...be very afraid. Nothing good can come from the Aussie invasion. ;)

Have a nice day! :)

Aussies bashing Aussies...

Hmmm...so my little piece of self-deprecating humor has come back to haunt me.

Thanks for that. :)

It takes me a while...

Right. Why didn't I just do a whois search from the start?

Supermoo is from Victoria, from downunder Downunder. ;)

Lock up your valuables...it really is an Aussie invasion!

I didn't feel any bashing. I was doing some of my own, though. ;)

I'm truly amazed by the size and strength of the Aussie contingent of the web developer community. We mustn't be quite as far behind the tech 8-ball as our politicians like to suggest.

Given this, it's probably about time a truly Australian online ad network was founded. There's BMCMedia and Engage Australia, but nothing dedicated solely to local properties.

Do you guys think there's a market for this?

Competition among ad networks is not what's killing the industry. It's competition among sites. Basic supply and demand.

Worldwide economic slowdown is a problem. The reason we're seeing such a slowdown in the US is 1) the Feds were overly aggressive on the upswing, 2) lack of consumer confidence, 3) world markets, and 4) people deciding it's not a good idea to invest in companies that will never make a profit.

Kaiosama, L90 defaults aren't killing your earnings?

Back