• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

DataBlocks?

ducktape

NLC
NLC
I have always been a critic of datablocks. They offer a great service. But they have been bought again. I do believe they were bought once or twice before. They are no longer ad free either. They new owners????? have decided to place pop ups on users pages. They charge a fee that has yet to be announced to have the ads removed. They say that there is new and exciting things coming in the near future??????

Hmm..you say Datablocks has pop ups? I think not. Well, I found out that when you access a Datablocks page in the TOP frame, a pop up pops up. But, when you load the page in a frame, for example with stealth redirection, there isn't a pop up. Pretty strange, but try it out.

The reason Datablocks' pop-ups don't show is because, like Tripod and Crosswinds, they have an the javascript condition if (window.parent == window) statement just above the line of the actual pop-up script. If you know javascript, then you know that if a page is loading inside a frame, then (window.parent != window) and the following script never executes due to this; in this case, the pop-up does not load, and your page is still AD-FREE!!! Even better, the host can't kick you out for this, if it allows frame-based sites and/or the use of a forwarding service which cloaks your URL, such as http://www.cjb.net/ .

Stealth redirection is a redirection service that cloaks your real URL by using a frame.

Back