• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

datablocks .... dead ?

ISAfxp

http://www.datablocks.net/
All user pages & even the homepages redicts to a blank page with :
"HEY WAZUUP!?! I'VE MOVED TO A FASTER SERVER HERE!!! "
(link to clickheretofind-crap) and some pop-ups ... is datablocks also already dead ? :(

No I read a few days ago on their board they just got some new server that they were planing on moving the site over to.

What the.. what the.. what the..
Datablocks has been changed to NEET hosting, and my site is totally gone!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank the owners of datablocks for letting all their users know about this. I never even knew about this change until it happened.

wonder what will come of netcabins now... weren't datablocks and netcabins supposed to be sharing a server?

That happens more often that you think when a FWP "dies".

[ edit - oops - this was in reply to sparkfan12's post, not keith's ]

[Edited by fatman on 05-19-2001 at 10:55 AM]

To be honest, John hasn't told me about this. I'm waiting for him to be online again so I can find out what is going on. I still intend on running NetCabins but if he has changed his plans, then unfortunately this probably will never happen.

Does anybody know how I can get my files including in the database back from datablocks?? What is the contact mail?
Help pplease...

When a host disappears without notice like that... They probably have no intention of going back up again and supplying you with the files.

Then again, some people are nice. But then again, nice people would warn their customers when they're closing.

Here's the situation

According to John, lightning struck his server, killing his motherboard. He's waiting for new parts and everything should be back up in a few weeks.

????????????????????????????????

I sure hope things work out!

Why would he redirect to NEET Hosting when lightning hits his server? Wouldn't he just keep the domain empty or redirect it to some place that would notify users of the situation?

I guess they're giving him a big load of money to redirect his domain there for now.... for some reason...

This is just what John has told me; I gotta question this as much as everyone else who's reading it.

Back