• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

databases and search engines

virtualtour

I am wondering if search engines look into databases and javascript code. what i mean is that is there any difference between putting words into a web page using HTML and dragging it from a database for example mysql. (using a language for example PHP)

and is there any difference if i put my text in a common .js file and reffer to that for all my pages. do search engines referes to that .js file?

if i haven't make myself clear please tell me.

The search engine bot is like a user browsing your site!
so what you see on your site, the bot see's to.

so it wont go to your js.* file :wink2:

iLLuSioN said:
The search engine bot is like a user browsing your site!
so what you see on your site, the bot see's to.

so it wont go to your js.* file :wink2:

Thank you for your response but it confused me. A user CAN see what i want them to see. I know I can't explain well so I bring an example:

I put this line in my page:
<script language=javascript src="myjsfile.js"> </script>

and I put this line in myjsfile.js:
document.write("blah, blah, blah, blah, blah");

now user can see "blah, blah, blah..." in my web page but it comes from the external js file.

now my question is "Does the search engine see 'blah, blah , blah ...' or just <script language ....></script>?"

another example from mysql and php:
I just put this line in my web page (surely after connecting to the table):

echo $res[name];

and the user will see you say:

james stward.

now my question: do the search engine see "james stward" or just "echo $res[name]". In my opinion it would take a lot of time if a search engine realy go to table and pull the field content out.

Back