• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Database wtf?

Cosmo

Each time a try uploading a php program and installing it. it ask for datebase
what do they meen by that?

example programs: phpbb and aardvark top sites

i have one but i dont know what to write in the text area am i supposed to find out the name of my database? if so how?

Ok, take a example of phpbb here.

Go to 'My SQL databases' from your hosting cpanel, there you create a sql database, then a user for that database & then assign that database with all authorities. You should be able to do all this from 'My SQL databases' section of your hosting cpanel.

Now run the setup of phpbb, there when it ask for database info, simple fill in the database name, username & password of the database you created before & continue with the installation of the script :D

btw, if you use cpanel, you can install phpbb from 'fantastico' It will autoconfigue all database stuff for you with just one click :)

Best of luck buddy :D

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'Fendori'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cosmo/public_html/links/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cosmo/public_html/links/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 28

omgz wtf bbq

Try this:
1) LOGIN TO CPANEL
2) FIND THE BUTTON THAT SAYS "SCRIPTS LIBRARY"
3) CLICK THAT BUTTON
4) ON THAT PAGE, FIND AND CLICK "PHPBB"
and follow the on-screen directions :)

For your username and database name:

cpanellogin_username
cpanellogin_database

Password is typed as-is.

(add your cPanel login to the front of the username and database name)

Just click Give all privilege by choosing the recenty added database name and username. Spiralfive is right, see if your user name to cpanel is 'shrek' then database name will be 'shrek_database' & 'shrek_dbusername' :) hope it'll help

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'cosmo_dbusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/cosmo/public_html/links/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/cosmo/public_html/links/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 28

wish4is.gif

windtalker7gt.gif

what the helll am i doing wrong :(

Instructions
Upload all the files to your web server
CHMOD 666 settings_sql.php
Go to install/index.php in your browser and follow the instructions there
Delete the install directory when you are done

i chmoded correctly i think

Back