• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Database to Html

Bad_Moon_Rising

I have a limited knowledge of HTML and what I need to do is create a database and export this to html so it can be uploaded to my site. I have tried using databox but found it difficult to understand, so in all honesty i need something simple. If its a freeware or shareware program then that would be great, but dont mind paying as long as its not too many pennies!. I have about 200 entries to put in the DB. Any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks.

Are you talking about a delimited text file like CVS or a binary format? Or haven't you created the file yet?

oh my, i dont even understand those terms, I havnt created the database yet, as i havnt got a database program that allows me to then turn it into html so it can be uploaded. It is going to be an abandonware game review site (no d/l) with each game having an entry in the db then several fields for each entry. The problem is getting this into htm as I dont have that much knowledge of it .

I don't know much about databases either. But either the files are compiled or they are plain text files delimited by commas or semicolons or whatever that denote each column. The program then takes the columns and displays them nicely and sortable. Must be magic. :p

I asked because someone sent me a freeware some time ago that's supposed to do a half decent job. I can't say I've tried it though. Anyway, it's called T2T and works with text based files. The same guy also have an app that can make the CVS files, CVSdb.
http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/t2t/text2table.htm

Another free one that creates and views CVS files that I actually use and like is dbEdit.
http://www.arachnoid.com/dbedit/index.html

If you have Excel I think it also can do it but I wouldn't trust that one. MS HTML is evil. And hey, writing a table in HTML isn't hard if you should change your mind. ;)

Back