• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Data Packets Network

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
Hello ::

DPN offer an amazing reseller plan -

Un-metered Web Space and Data-Transfer
PHP , ASP , CGI scripting support
Unlimited domains hosted

only $25 per month

http://www.datapacket.net

I'll be using them soon :D

But your always telling people not to use unlimited hosts

Re: Re: Data Packets Network

Originally posted by Myacen Network

But your always telling people not to use unlimited hosts

Ok

1. peo don't like that
2. I know .. but this host seems pretty good ....

They do not say they offer "unlimited" webspace and/or data-transfer ... they just say "un-metered" this means .. that they will not meter it ... this usually means their not sure how much they can give .. or can't be bothered to set a quota.

Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

They do not say they offer "unlimited" webspace and/or data-transfer ... they just say "un-metered" this means .. that they will not meter it ... this usually means their not sure how much they can give .. or can't be bothered to set a quota.

Just curious....does it differ to a customer whether its written "unlimited" or "unmetered" ? :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

Originally posted by WarMachine

Just curious....does it differ to a customer whether its written "unlimited" or "unmetered" ? :confused:

Simply

limited = a limit
metered = metering

unlimited = no limit
un-metered = not metered

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

unlimited = no limit
un-metered = not metered
Theoretically that would be correct. Soon enough you will find out that all of these so-called "un-metered" hosts do in fact meter the amount of space and transfer you use. Therefore we can say that un-metered dsoesn't exist either.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

Originally posted by Phrozen
Theoretically that would be correct. Soon enough you will find out that all of these so-called "un-metered" hosts do in fact meter the amount of space and transfer you use. Therefore we can say that un-metered dsoesn't exist either.

they do not meter the space though do they .. .cos they do not measure it in a specific way.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

Simply

limited = a limit
metered = metering

unlimited = no limit
un-metered = not metered

LOL This doesnt make sense. In your other post you said "They do not say they offer "unlimited" webspace and/or data-transfer ... they just say "un-metered" this means .. that they will not meter it ... this usually means their not sure how much they can give .. or can't be bothered to set a quota."

You have to realize that their is a physical limit to a hard drive. Unmetered/Unlimited all means exactly the same thing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

they do not meter the space though do they .. .cos they do not measure it in a specific way.

So your saying if you have 1million clients they will let you host 1000gb's of data and have 10000GB's of transfer? No I don't think so

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

LOL This doesnt make sense. In your other post you said "They do not say they offer "unlimited" webspace and/or data-transfer ... they just say "un-metered" this means .. that they will not meter it ... this usually means their not sure how much they can give .. or can't be bothered to set a quota."

You have to realize that their is a physical limit to a hard drive. Unmetered/Unlimited all means exactly the same thing.

OK there is a BIG difference between the words "metered" and "limited"

Example :

My eye sight is un-metered - would mean my eye sight is not metered ( makes no sence )
My eye sight is unlimited - would mean there is no limit to my eye sight.

I'm suprised robert you do not have any common sence ... i was just saying the words mean different things .. but if you would have waited ...

Any host which offers a service where they provide either "un-metered" or "unlimited" is gonna sting you at some time.

As where as host which offers "10megs + 1 gig transfer" would not as much ....

but this is not always the case .. unless you use alot of web space / data-transfer / system resources.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Data Packets Network

So your saying if you have 1million clients they will let you host 1000gb's of data and have 10000GB's of transfer? No I don't think so

i would worry .... cos that would mean my clients would be hosting me.

Boy... I wish I could find someway of getting $25 dollars a month of my money over to DP... that seems like a great deal, there must be limitations but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to reach them!!

Originally posted by xsnetwork
Boy... I wish I could find someway of getting $25 dollars a month of my money over to DP... that seems like a great deal, there must be limitations but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to reach them!!

I'm just going to use the way that say

" virtual cheques "

well .. i just type in the cheque info and 12 cheque #.

Back