• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Damn Netfirms To Hell!!!

DrSobol

My site is down since 2 (TWO) ENTIRE DAYS WHAT-THE-HECK is going on with these bastards???
I was receiving around 1300 page hits per day, do you know what means to have the site down for 2 days?? DAMN I want to kill someone!!!

F**** NETFIRMS!!!

Watch thsese statistics to see what I mean
http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=1784871

once again DAMN with Netfirms I should have stay with Geocities.

ROTFLMAO

It's working now for me....Looks like it was down on the 6th, too. Better consider paid hosting...You want something reliable without those crummy 'free hosting' ads on a nice site like that. :D

Last edited:
lol I know what that means to you though lol. But think about it: When they get back up, or when you switch, more people will start visiting aain..it's not like they erased it from they're memory...they'll keep checking on back untill the site is back up...

The main Netfirms site is working so I can't see why yours isn't. Maybe they deleted your account for some reason?

at 1300 page hits a day or 39k hits per month, maybe go paid hosting? sure, it mite cost something, but you get reliablity (at least more than free) and have an option of placing your OWN ads and make sumthing back

I know www.dxl.netfirms.com is up, but the blocked site which just give me the message "This site is currently unavailable." is the SPANISH version of DivXLand at www.dxl-esp.netfirms.com.
This happened before also, but it was up again after a few hours or 1 day. Not it's been over 3 days and the site is still "unavailable".
Damn I am needing the Popupmoney.com popup, otherwise all my work and effort absolutely useless and for nothing. Damn it all. I am DEFINITELY pissed off.

Is it too hard to read the entire post, aphel?

What other hosting can you tell me of that has a decent/generous bandwith, and no annoying popups, and over all to be a reliable and serious hosting? It does not exist, I know.

It's been 4 days and the site is still down, is it that they don't give a f*** for their users?? I think they are bastards. At least send me a damn email, or put anything more clear than "This site is not available" for FOUR CONSEQUENT DAYS, for Gods Sake!!, but NO, nothing, I know nothing. You cannot make an idea on how angry I am.

Now I propose to use this thread to boycott NetFirms and their shameless attitude to their unprotected users like me. Exactly as you read it.

Have you tried emailing them? What are their policies on non English content? :confused:

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding. But as other netfirms sites I have visited are up and running, maybe your other site has been nuked for whatever reason netfirms has determined. In their terms of agreement, Netfirms reserved the right to cancel any account they deem fit. vI think netfirms is ok apart from their banner.

If they banned it they should send me an email to tell it, I can't believe they shotdown it like that.
I dont even wanna believe they closed it, it was my number 1 reason to be proud of my internet usage, and now it's been vanish.

I asked them by email a few minutes ago so I expect to receive a reply in... let me see..... NEVER.

This one of those reasons why I went to paid hosting. Tripod *accidentally* deleted my site twice. After the second time I wasn't taking any more chances. Even though it was reactivated, and is still up and running, I am getting a lot of hits from it because so many people had links to it on their page. I think I have all pages pointing to my domain name now, but after 18 months, I still see the Tripod site coming through in my stats.

Yeah thats good, but unfortunately I cannot afford to pay a hosting because the US dollar value is extremely high for the argentine peso.

Perhaps the bandwith limit on the esp. one is exceeded :confused: ? And can you still enter both your accounts with a ftp client ?

None of the above. There are certain things that I know for sure, I'm not an idiot.

Finally after I sent an email to NetFirms the site was up again and they replied me telling me "you should be able to view the site now."
Anyway I will leave NetFrims when the first chance of decent free hosting appears, Im sick of their downtimes and blocking.

Back