• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Damn ITunes!

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
I have never used iTunes in my life - until today, and I shall never do it again.

I was given a £15 iTunes voucher for Christmas off someone, awesome, so I thought I'd buy The Hangover and watch it on a DVD disc on the main TV. Okay, £10.99 gone, it downloads - so I need to figure out how to do it.

And now, after some severe Googling, I found out I CANNOT burn it to a DVD because it is DRM protected or something or other.

So now, I can't watch this film properly. If I wanted to watch it on my PC, I wouldn't be paying for it.

How lame is this? Does anyone know a solution around it either!?

You can remove the DRM, you just need to encode it which is still a -----. Use something like Super Converter. iTunes DRM's EVERYTHING, it's why I don't and wont ever use it (Unless given a card like you were).

Convert the video from m4v to WMV, then to DVD.

I am well aware of this, I am using Windows - pointless post above.

I'm trying to get it to DVD and so I can use it to watch with family!

It wasn't a pointless post, he was replying to the guy before him, not you.

Ontopic: What Dynash said is probably your best bet, but it will be very time consuming, and you'll have to be careful not to do anything that'll cause extensive CPU usage during the converting, otherwise their will be skips in the movie.

You can remove the DRM, you just need to encode it which is still a -----. Use something like Super Converter. iTunes DRM's EVERYTHING, it's why I don't and wont ever use it (Unless given a card like you were).

Convert the video from m4v to WMV, then to DVD.

i'm pretty sure the itunes plus store is now the only option, which is drm free for track downloads.

Apple TV. Yeah kids, they are selling virtual copyrighted material. LETS JUST GIVE IT TO YOU AND LET YOU COPY IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS. You're actually ridiculous if you don't understand why this happens. Or simply don't understand capitalism. In any event, I am happy to pay the minuscule fee to actually pay for music and get it instantly. In the same light, movies of the interwebs is better than driving to the store and finding out they don't have the film. Rogers on Demand has corrupted me...

/rant

P.S.: I haven't ranted in a while, so I deserve it. Blank usually rants on my behalf.

Back